PDA

View Full Version : Anyone on JSA allowance help?

GirlAfraid23
22-09-14, 19:22
My boyfriend has just applied for JSA while he looks for work.
He applied last week and was accepted on Thursday of last week. He got his letter today to say he will be paid £57 a week.

However, today he received just over £40 from the DWP into his bank account. Why would he get this?
Is it just a part payment or what?
I'm worried he will get into trouble for not declaring it...he said he thinks it's just the way they do things but I'm not so sure.
I thought it took at least 10 working days to go into the account after acceptance.

Can anyone with experience help?

nomorepanic
22-09-14, 20:19
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Blagger Boy
26-09-14, 01:07
Sounds like a part payment for the time between being accepted and his first fortnightly sign-on.

Ryan92
28-09-14, 15:09
Hi, when I used to be claiming JSA, I think I remember I had 1 or 2 part payments so it's probably a temporary thing while they look at your boyfriends claim :)