PDA

View Full Version : Horrible DP/DR

PITITA
28-12-06, 16:47
Please can someone tell me what they do to cope with constant DP/DR? I am experiencing it a LOT for the last few weeks and although it was completely gone for Xmas it now came back with a vengeance :(
I am scared, because I get so disconnected from my mind, but my body is working fine. For instance it is distressing me, that I am talking to someone at work, and I hear myself talking from a distance, and my eyes are like fixed as if I am never blinking. Feels like the women from Stepford Wives.
I only just started a part-time job 2 weeks ago, but Im already dreading going back after new year because at the office I am 9-5 in DP/DR and work only with 4 men so I just feel they can pick up on me " not being completely there" and it makes me panic. I'm scared it will not go away, because its always there when Im there and only there I really panic about it.
Somone has any fool-proof coping skills to deal with this? xxx

angiebaby
28-12-06, 17:33
I really wish i new how to get rid of it as well. Been suffering with this myself for a long time and mine is a little better now but still there and it really frightens me. Unless you have had it or are having it, the symptoms are really hard to explain but i know exactly what you are going through and it's awful. I try to occupy myself as much as possible although this is VERY difficult to do especially when you are feeling this way. Even though you really don't want to you have to try to do something, fight against it. If you find a cure or something spectacular to help with this problems please let me know too, lol. Thanks, Angie.x

It takes a minute to get anxiety, but a lifetime to get rid of it!!!

feels_like_home
31-12-06, 23:46
Hi,
I get the same symptoms. It is always worse at work. At home I am able to distract myself, but at work it is much harder. I am working on it. Thank you both for posting on this topic because I have such a hard time explaining it. I am here if anyone needs to vent.
Take care,
Michelle