PDA

View Full Version : Having an anxiety attack

PBL80
23-09-14, 00:53
Further to my previous post tonight I've found out it's not a raised vein but a raised nerve in my inner hand in the 'muscled' part under the thumb, I'm now worrying that this may have an effect on the rest of my nervous system in my body causing me to freak out a bit! Has anyone had this!

Fishmanpa
23-09-14, 01:16
Further to my previous post tonight I've found out it's not a raised vein but a raised nerve in my inner hand in the 'muscled' part under the thumb, I'm now worrying that this may have an effect on the rest of my nervous system in my body causing me to freak out a bit! Has anyone had this!

First off, take a breath! No possible way it could spread and affect your whole body. C'mon now!

I had a funky nerve thingie in my right hand on the inside part of my thumb. When I would grip something or turn a door handle or such, I would get this excruciating pain in my hand that basically left it useless for a minute or so. I could feel something like a tendon there that was aggravated. It lasted a couple of months but it's gone now. Who knows what it was but obviously it wasn't serious as it went away. Unless it's causing you a lot of discomfort, I wouldn't stress over it.

Positive thoughts

PBL80
23-09-14, 01:22
Thanks, I've calmed down a bit now the anxiety and panic had taken over. As mentioned in my previous post tonight I'm on crutches due to a few broken bones in my foot I think the pressure of the crutches on my hand whilst getting around has caused the nerve to raise. Thanks for your words much appreciated.