PDA

View Full Version : New- Health Anxiety

PanicBGone1
23-09-14, 03:13
Hello! I just found this website today! Decided to give it a try!

Years ago I suffered from Panic attacks, almost lost my job from missing so much work. Went from work and the mall in an ambulance. Very scary time! My doctor at the time put me on Lorazapam, which made me a zombie! Then I find out about Buspar, and requested my doctor put me on that. It turned me around!! It was my life saver! This was all about 16-17 years ago. I had then become pregnant, so took myself off Buspar. Surprisingly, I have had no panic or anxiety issues until recently.

The 1st week of august, I felt like I was having a head rush and then ringing in my ear. It felt like my ear was blocked and the ringing would not stop. Just in 1 ear. I became scared and went to the doctor, the doctor told me sinus infection, put me on a z-pak and sent me home. My mistake is going to the computer!! Google is not our friend!! I have since, been to the doctor 5 times, ENT doc, Eye doc and have an appt for the OBGYN also. I had my doctor put me back on Buspar, but I can not help to think something else is wrong. So far, I've told myself I have cancer, hiv, stomach cancer, mouth cancer etc.... It's really annoying! I have lost my appetite and have lost 10 pounds, and of course it's because I have cancer. I have done a self at home hiv test, which was negative but I still had to do a blood test as well just to make sure. I've been married 10 years!! I check my temperature consistently just because I had a small temp (99.1) at one point with my white blood count at 12.4 (which if anyone knows, is just slightly elevated). I had my white blood count redone a week later which came back fine, however because they were having problems with the machine that day and had to call me with results, did the machine get corrected right, and counted the blood correctly? LOL I know, I know!

Anyway, Hoping to once again conquer this crap!

Baggs
23-09-14, 07:56
Welcome to NMP, I hope you find as much help as I have. I wish you all the best.

ohwell123
23-09-14, 10:45
hi we can all see why its called the doubting disease but how real it seems to the sufferer, I felt quite good myself the other day and 'thought' how great I haven't had a chest pain for a couple of days no sooner did I pass that thought a shooting pain went right u my chest amazing tbh

take care
kris