PDA

View Full Version : as any one got worse takeing meds

trish1955
23-09-14, 10:07
Omg I feel like I am getting worse evey day I wake up full of fear to scared to get out bed i- really don't no which way to go any more I have trwid so many therapies this is my second attempt on meds tried citilopram in Feb had a bad time after just four weeks so stopped then in august tried again with sertraline and I didnt take 25mg for one week then up 50mg I took 12.5 for two weeks then 25for one week then 37.5 this is now my fourth week on 50 and I am a total mess I am sat Rocking as I can not sit still feel to anxiouse. Some say keep going. It makes you worse before it make you better 'how much longer do I go on like this some one give me either hope or. Adivice wich way they would go xxxxxxx

xBettyBoopx
23-09-14, 10:33
Trish

You know my feelings on this as we've spoken privately. You should absolutely not be feeling worse, you should not be sitting rocking, and I absolutely don't believe in "you have to get worse before you get better" that's another stupid saying that someone has made up.

Please go back to the doctor and tell him what's going on. We are not doctors on here and shouldn't really advise you on meds but to go to the doc. I'm not sure why you are putting up with these symptoms, there really is no need.

Els
xx

---------- Post added at 10:33 ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 ----------

I hope Nic doesn't mind me posting this but Trish here is a link to a forum regarding sertraline

http://www.patient.co.uk/forums/discuss/browse/sertraline-3174#

trish1955
23-09-14, 15:37
I no ho have but it wouldn't be so bad if I had a doctor that would come out new and then and a cpn or sum support but thy throw them at you and leave you to it xxx

MrAndy
23-09-14, 15:58
trish ring the mind helpline and complain ,see if they can offer any home support or advice
if you have given the meds a good 6 weeks and feel the same dont be scared to come off them

aprilmoon
23-09-14, 19:48
Has the doctor refused to come out Trish?x

KK77
23-09-14, 20:37
No, it's not right to be feeling like this Trish. Someone needs to come out and assess your situation. I've noticed you've been struggling for some time now and these meds don't seem to be agreeing with you at all.

trish1955
23-09-14, 23:28
I ave RNG mi d weeks who and they o lay can chat on phone ,y doctor never co as out does it by phone as I say I have been on medz but don't for get first two weeks I o lay took #2.5 third week 25 fourth week 37.5 this is my fourth week on 50mg so yes I have done eight weeks all in xxxx

MyNameIsTerry
24-09-14, 05:53
I've tried a SSRI and an SNRI and in both cases they made me far worse for 3-5 weeks. In the case of the SNRI it has to be tapered on when presenting with anxiety and belive me I found out why when I upped to the correct standard dosage wich gave me the worst 8-10 days of my life.

It did calm down after that.

It could be that you need to take something else alongside it until the side effects wear off or it could just be that a certian one isn't for you as some people suffer really badly on one but not on another.

Sadly, when it comes to anti depressants, we are all guinea pigs for our GP's. Mine had no clue about what medication was available other than one so I just stuck it out. I later found out about all the other types that he could have tried!