PDA

View Full Version : Chest pain don't know what to think....

Kclark
23-09-14, 19:19
I started having chest pain about 4 days ago. I'm 3 months pregnant. I had a similar episode right after birthing my last baby who is one year old today. I went to the hospital several times last year for it and nothing was ever found. I had ECG after ECG all normal. I was checked for DVt since I'd birthed her via c section and surgery can cause blood clots. Still nothing yet the pain persisted. I was finally given a stress test on a treadmill. Cane out just fine. The cardiologist gave me Ativan and chalked it up to anxiety. I guess that's possible now as well. But the chest pain is real I just don't know what to think or do. Any thoughts? I didn't use to worry about my health obsessively until my mom died in her 40's of brain cancer which no one saw coming :( after that occurrence I became terrified over anything that happens to my health that is not seemingly normal. I'm afraid ill die as my mom did, leaving my children and husband behind :( any advice or kind words of support appreciated.
Feeling alone :(

Kclark
25-09-14, 13:21
Wow almost a hundred views and no offers of support :( maybe I'm in the wrong place?

nomorepanic
25-09-14, 13:30
The hundred views are not necessarily real people.

There are loads of reasons for chest pain - muscular, indigestion, acid reflux, stress, anxiety, trapped wind, Costochondritis

All we can suggest if you are worried is to see a doctor for reassurance as we can't diagnose illnesses and would hate to give you the wrong info.

Kclark
25-09-14, 15:30
I understand :) just looking for some support through my ha not necessarily much else. Idk why I am so worried over every little thing with my health. I feel like it ruins my life in a way :/ I just want to feel normal again....

KeeKee
25-09-14, 16:15
I'm sure everyone here understands and just overlooked your post. Sometimes when people are extra anxious they don't feel upto posting on anothers thread and just want reassurance.
Anxiety can cause all sorts of symptoms, physical and psychological. It's a living nightmare.
Look through some old posts on your topic by scrolling to the bottom of the page or typing inthe ,'search' box. I'm sure you'll feel better after.

Kclark
25-09-14, 17:00
Thank you I really do appreciate your response :)

dac0273
25-09-14, 18:23
Hi kclark
I've just posted with something similar. I've been worying about my heart for years now , but no amount of test reassures me .
Because my father died from heart attack I'm constantly worried I have got pains in my back and and arm and jaw all on left of course . To be honest I'm very worried again today . I know I have HA but doesn't stop me thinking something is wrong .
It is living nightmare. I'm sure you are fine . How many months pregnant are you ? Snd how old are you ?

Agunderson
25-09-14, 19:25
Hi

I had chest pain during my last pregnancy and my nr 2 son was a year old at the time to. Being pregnant and having a smal child takes it's toll on the body and the chest pain can really just be back pain that travels to the cest. Are you still breast feeding ? Could be that the milk is starting to come in again when your child is still so young. I have 3 kids of 3 years, 2 years and 5 months old. They are the reason to my HA. The thought of not watching them grow up... Well you know the drill... :hugs:

Kclark
26-09-14, 00:19
Dac I agree ha can definitely ruin someone :( I'm 33 and 13 weeks pregnant. If you aren't sure if you're ok just go to the emergency doctor, they can check you out. I'm also the same as far as being reassured. It's hard to believe I'm ok when I feel so weird :( but they are pretty good at helping us and trying to steer us in the right direction. I'm here if you'd like to talk I know how hard ha is I've suffered 8 years - since my mom died :(

---------- Post added at 23:19 ---------- Previous post was at 23:16 ----------

Agunderson I have two other kids my son is 4 my daughter is 1. I do not breast feed, haven't in 6 months. Idk what could be causing this I just fear it's my heart :( ugh I hate HA!!

RaverNeko
26-09-14, 02:41
Hi there! I just wanted to say that I too started having a bit of chest pains a couple of days ago. You know what it turned out to be? GERD/acid reflux. It's stupid, because that's typically associated with an actual burning sensation in the back of your throat, but it really can cause chest pains. Unless the pains are SEVERE, then I'm sure you're totally fine, :) I know my words may not mean much, because hypochondria sure makes it hard to be logical and calm in stressful situations, but I hope it helps!

Kclark
26-09-14, 10:15
Hello! Thank you for writing to me. I suppose mine could be that too. Sometimes when I eat certain things I will get the hiccups really bad to where I throw up :( and I'm almost choked to swallow a drink. It's like whatever I'm trying to eat gets stuck midway down. It hasn't happened for a couple of weeks but when it does its not a good feeling. This chest pain sporadic but scares me so badly because my left arm will hurt as well when it happens. I keep thinking its a precursor to a heart attack. My doctor put me on Pepcid which has had no effect on this :/ the pain is in the center of my chest mainly but sometimes hops from the left to right side :( I get jaw pain as well which freaks me out. My husband is off work today so I will be able to go to the hospital if it starts bothering me again today. Hopefully they can check my troponin levels in my blood at least to see what's going on. Since I'm pregnant I don't know what all they can do outside of that? I don't like them to just brush it off as anxiety. I like to be thoroughly Checked out. If it is just my ha that's acceptable I just don't see how ha can cause such real physical pain :(

steph25
26-09-14, 12:36
I've had chest pains a lot, twice it was Costochondritis. Now over recent years I get it on and off, generally around the time of my period and my doctor says it could be something to do with hormones. It could be hormones with you, especially if you're pregnant.

Kclark
27-09-14, 15:54
Updating...went to the doctor and they did an EKG and bloodwork. Doesn't seem to be cardiac related. The doctor thought maybe a blood clot since I'm pregnant it's more likely to happen. But I don't have pain on inhalation so he said that's probably not it either. Don't know really but it must be good old anxiety :( ugh I hate anxiety in all forms!!! And neko I tried Pepcid as advised by my ob dr but it didn't help either. This is so weird. I hope it goes away soon :/

Kclark
28-09-14, 16:59
Steph25: that's a possibility! I sure hope it gets better soon it is causing me so much worry :(