PDA

View Full Version : Weird constant throat flutter for days :'(

lalouba
24-09-14, 02:41
Hi all,

I ended up in A&E yesterday after getting entirely fed up with this bizarre sensation and I was hoping someone might have some light to shed because I'm getting desperate :'(

For the last week I've had constant flutters in the base of my throat. I suppose it would be in that soft hollow between my two collarbones. I can't really pinpoint exactly where it is but it feels very similar if not identical to a palpitation, only when I feel my pulse it feels completely normal!

At A&E they did a trace of my heart (ECG) and she said she was "happy" with the results, even though these weird spasms/flutters were happening during the trace.

It's been pretty much constant since it began with *very* short periods of going away in between! and when I say constant I mean literally all day, every day.

I've also got the whole super fun globus thing going on where it feels like I've swallowed a Ping pong ball. Yay.

It seems to be worse at night and shortly after eating which is obviously putting me off my food too.

I've been on various dosages and timings of propranolol recently. Not sure it's related but thought I'd throw it out there.

Anyone else?? :((((((

Xxx

lalouba
24-09-14, 13:21
Anybody? :(

nomorepanic
24-09-14, 13:24
What did they say at the hospital?

lalouba
24-09-14, 14:48
Not a lot, really. She didn't seem interested in the fluttering or the cause but said the doctor was "satisfied" with my ECG and that I could either wait for a doctor for six hours or see my own gp the next day, so I assume the heart trace seemed fine?

I suppose I can take some solace in that! :)

I made the silly mistake of googling and a few posts mentioned aortic aneurysm so obviously now I'm grappling with my brain to get rid of that particular idea haha!

I think this spell has hit me so hard because I was recently taken off slow release propranolol, which was really really helping my physical symptoms, due to my naturally low BP dropping even further down to 80/48!

It's very sad when we make progress and then this sort of thing happens as I'm sure you know :(

X

Amylee1982
14-10-14, 11:14
Hi

Yes i get this and i think its a spasm in the eosphagus its similiar to the ectopic beats thats you get...do you get alot of acid? x

sammiej123
24-12-18, 11:45
I get this too sporadically it is very disturbing and worrying.. I keep hoping it has gone away then it comes back. I think its to do with heart flutters but its annoying as it stays there for ages making you feel you need to cough