PDA

View Full Version : Hi!

firecracker777
24-09-14, 16:47
Hello! I am a 27 year old female and over the past few years I've had some struggles with anxiety. I believe it was caused by a birth control I started taking and after I stoppped it took me a few years to get back to normal. After stopping I started to get health anxiety and I have thought the worst over many little issues and some issues I believe I created in my head.

I never knew there was a thing called health anxiety. I thought it was just me. My anxiety was being triggered from situations I could not control and would always think the worst of them. It almost destroyed my relationship. I was in a constant battle with my own brain and it took years to get it under control.

I have a very obsessive mind and never even realized it. If i think of something I want or need, I need it immediately. My biggest problem now is the health anxiety. I feel like it is being caused by seeing so many support/research groups for various diseases and cancers on tv, facebook and the rest of the internet. I think another problem I have is that I do not know anything about my father or his family so I do not know what kind of medical issues they could have had.

I am coming to terms with the fact that I have an anxiety problem. Something I never realized before. I hope I can make some progress and get to learn from others experiences!

Moley
25-09-14, 11:21
hello and :welcome:

Hope you find as much help and support here as I have done.

Baggs
25-09-14, 15:23
Welcome to NMP, I hope you find as much help as I have. I wish you all the best.