View Full Version : Who am i? Help:(

laurenn
24-09-14, 21:27
I feel like I have forgotten who I am. I'm in this brain fog and I feel completely confused and I cant even think. I am only 16 years old, I have anxiety and health anxiety. I get several symptoms but is this even related? It normally comes in the nights or evenings. Its not because I am tired although I do feel weak. It terrifys me because sometimes I lose all sense of myself and who I am and what is happening, anything, sometimes its family or just anything. Its like my mind is a blank page but it stays this way for a while at times. I've had physical examinations and blood tests everything's okay, I get this feeling and it bewilders me I feel like a plain canvas and that all my thoughts are missing, do I have something wrong with me? I'm really scared??:((((

jkse
24-09-14, 22:19
you are not alone !!! the first time i dealt with this health anxiety i felt the same way , as if i was in a daze or something. Something which really helped me back then was getting suppourt from here and what really helped was me distracting myself by keeping busy with school and friends,spending nmore time with my family, and just doing things that make u happy ie watch some funny movies with friends and family. I know this sounds simple but while you distract yourself you will find your mind try jump to these thoughts and it is our job to push these thoughts away, this took time but it reallly helped me for years :)

wnsos
25-09-14, 12:24
I get the daze feeling a lot too and some days it's completely over powering. I barely remember what it felt like to go to the supermarket a couple of months ago without focussing on my ailments and panicking more because of it. Yesterday my legs felt weak as well, oddest sensation. You feel as if your body is a car but you're only half inside of it, the other half is dangling. All part of the depersonalisation of anxiety and depressive disorders, I think.

Have you seen a GP about possible SSRIs?