PDA

View Full Version : Doing better but feeling bad

Neurotic Nick
25-09-14, 02:19
So as some of you may know ive been struggling with very severe agoraphobia for the past year. Made very little headway for most of the year, kept getting ahead a little and sliding back.

A few weeks ago i was in a dark place mostly because i could just not get over my severe anxiety from walking in my own damn neighborhood. It just really got to me that i couldnt even walk round the block. I considered getting heavier meds but decided to ask a friendly neighbor if she would walk with me on a daily basis. To my great joy and surprise she said yes and in the past few weeks weve made a lot of progress! Well its a lot to me, im sure other people would not be impressed my new found ability to walk down the street...

But shes on holiday atm and i was feeling a bit brave and tried to go to the supermarket but it ended in full blown panic, not fun. But again ive made progress and went out a grand total of three more times after that (i have my dog again and it needs walkies :) ) and even walked part of the same route to the supermarket the same day as this big panic.

So i guess im doing well right? But in all honesty i feel really hopeless. It feels like such a mountain i still need to climb and never seems to get any easier...and i cant help cursing the fact that im missing out on so much and that im so limited right now! There are so many things i want to do that are just not an option at the moment.

Ah well its one those days i guess. Just wanted to vent and have a virtual shoulder to cry on.

Jamesflames
05-10-14, 19:03
Sounds like you are doing pretty well. It takes courage to hit a bad spot and then go back. I know it feels like a massive uphill struggle, but every time you feel crappy but stick with it is a victory.

Good luck with it. Stay strong. :)

Neurotic Nick
22-11-14, 23:25
Hi James, thank you for your reply, i'm sorry i didn't respond earlier but i did get it and it did help. Was doing very well for a while and got quite a bit further (even went to a party, even if it was only at my neighbor's :) ) but have hit another bad patch. Hence why i'm posting again, i probably should start posting positive stuff as well.

Seanesso
29-11-14, 06:55
My issue is going too far from the house and not being near my safe point. I can't imagine having issues in my own neighborhood. I feel for you, but I see a serious drive in you to succeed, so I know you'll go far.