PDA

View Full Version : I googled and found ...salivary cancer

puzzledlass
25-09-14, 03:51
title says it all. I googled the left side pain of face,neck and ear I've been having and the result I get is salivary cancer.

Queue panic

jkse
25-09-14, 03:58
please stay calm, these types of pains come alot with tension and anxiety and i used to get similar pains with post nasal drip. Hope you are feeling better

MyNameIsTerry
25-09-14, 04:01
But that could also be muscular from such as grinding. I had 6 months of right side pain from this but it went on its own.

Could you have been grinding your teeth? If its worse in the mornings you could be doing it in your sleep like I was.

I only had it on one side so it could easily have also only been the left side.

puzzledlass
25-09-14, 05:44
It's been like this months now. I am always tense so grinding g or clenching teeth is not out of question.

Scared though

MyNameIsTerry
25-09-14, 05:53
I didn't know what mine was but I had a check up coming up with my dentist so I asked him. He took a look at my back teeth and had a feel of the jaw muscles and he said there was evidence of grinding. So, you could ask for that to be checked.

Honestly, I had mine for at least 6 months pretty much everyday to varying degrees so its possible it is something like this.

nomorepanic
25-09-14, 12:35
You know what they say "seek and you shall find" !

wnsos
25-09-14, 12:39
I've had this on my right side nonstop for the last month. All my gps say it's my anxiety and...they're probably right since the more I had it, the more I cried (wailed oops) and clutched my shoulder/neck (which I did unknowingly to calm myself before all of this), and tensed up further. I'm sure it's fine xx

Derekmiller
25-09-14, 14:32
Google. lol. I shouldn`t laugh but it literally is a nightmare for anyone with health anxiety. I remember once falling of my bike and hurting my elbow. I typed in the exact symptoms on the net and google would have me believe I had bone cancer. Someone with the same symptoms was `urged` by some scaremongerer to get `checked out`.

Google? Don`t bother it`s misinformation central.