PDA

View Full Version : could this be caused by anxiety? weird symptoms every month

penguinbop
25-09-14, 17:30
Hi everyone,
About 6 months ago I had vertigo, or what my dr said was vertigo. It eventually cleared up, till a month later, when the diziness came back. Each month for about two weeks I feel as if I'm going to faint and then comes a whole load of weird symptoms which I will list here

internal shaking
buzzing
skipped heartbeats
diziness
sinus pressure
extreme fatigue
loss of balance
very depressed
loss of appetite
pins and needles

during this time i become tired and frustrated and usually have to stay in bed. When the symptoms slowly start to fade I am left with sinus pressure...its all very odd. Anyway i'm symptom free for about 2 weeks then the whole cycle starts again.
More symptoms have developed in recent months, I'm 18 years old and its really starting to affect my life. I hardly ever feel actual anxiety but my dr refused to run any tests other than blood tests, saying its 'just anxiety'. It seems odd to me that there would be a pattern to my symptoms? Plus I don't feel anxious, but have dealt with depression in the past.

If anyone could offer any insight, or idea of what might be wrong with me, or if this is some strange manifestation of anxiety, as i'm aware many of these symptoms may be causes please do comment, I would like to feel i'm not alone.

(additional information)

Ive tried cutting out things in my diet which may cause problems, I exercise regularly. I'm wondering if this could be early menopause or ms. Another thing is Ive had an infected tooth, Its being taken out soon but could this have contributed?

---------- Post added at 17:30 ---------- Previous post was at 16:59 ----------

please someone help :(

penguinbop
26-09-14, 00:02
anyone?

penguinbop
27-09-14, 16:51
just me

MrAndy
27-09-14, 16:57
Sounds like classic anxiety symptoms to me

lalouba
28-09-14, 08:31
Hi Penguin!

This sounds almost identical to what I've been going through for the past few years. It's hormonally aggravated anxiety and it SUCKS. Basically for two/three weeks every month I feel physically drained, sick, sore and achey, I have the odd palpitations or feel like I'm manually breathing, etc... and then for a week or two I feel pretty normal again!

It's really frustrating because I'll just start to think I'm feeling better and then I'm back where I started, feeling terrible!

Does this sound familiar?

chickpea
28-09-14, 09:38
Really glad to read posts from both of you.
I have just been through a horrible month. It started with ovulation pains that started almost as soon as my period had ended and went on for over a week - horrible dragging pain in my lower abdomen, trouble with bowel movements and generally feeling unwell.
Then I went straight into pmt, with lower back pain, bloating, right sided pain etc. Period came last weekend and I felt ok for a day or 2 but then was crippled with anxiety, night sweats, extreme lower back pain, kidney pain, nausea (from the anxiety), palpitations...you name it.

In my case, I think it is perimenopause, and I also have Crohn's disease which I think is being aggravated by the hormonal fluctuations.

Hormones are powerful things, that's for sure! I'm going to ask my GP for blood tests, because I can't stand feeling like this all the time.

PanchoGoz
28-09-14, 12:01
Sounds just like PMT?

penguinbop
05-10-14, 19:32
I went to the doctor and she gave me the pill as she thought hormones might be the problem however the long list of side effects seemed to make me more anxious especially the blood clot in legs, as of course I started to get pain in my leg. it also gave me bad headaches and still I am stuck with original symptoms, am trying vitamins instead. but nothing seems to be working.