PDA

View Full Version : New. Please help

21stcenturyfox
26-09-14, 07:57
Hi everyone. I have had health anxiety on and off for many years. I am an avoider and don't see my doctor and always leave it until I am in a state of absolute hysteria. The only condition I know I have is gallstones which come and go with symptoms.
For two or three years now I have had feelings that food gets stuck in my oesophagus and assumed it was my gallbladder and just put up with it. I have made the fatal mistake of Googling which I don't usually do and am now utterly convinced I have esophageal cancer. I also can't stop researching and find myself shaking with anxiety. I have all the symptoms except the cough, weight loss and pain but nevertheless. I am so fed up with constant anxiety but really don't want to go to the GP. Have never posted on a site before but feel desperate and can't stop crying

Baggs
26-09-14, 08:16
Welcome to NMP. I have never known anyone be comforted by googling their symptoms but I hope you find some here. I wish you all the best.

blueangel
26-09-14, 09:33
Hi there - honestly, if you'd had oesophageal cancer symptoms for 2-3 years, you would be seriously ill by now and completely unable to swallow anything. A friend of mine's brother has been treated for it (successfully!) and his symptoms developed quite quickly and got consistently worse. If you have these symptoms on and off then it's more than likely anxiety or attributable to your gallstones. Have a good read through the useful material on this site now you're here.

Now breathe. :)