PDA

View Full Version : Neck again

pb
26-09-14, 08:02
Still keep getting neck spasms , it's been six weeks.
Head feels like it's shaking, but when I look it's not very scared and stressed
Google has diagnosed dystonia ! Was due to see GP yesterday but canceled.
Has anyone had similar symptoms but turned out to be ok..

pb
27-09-14, 07:50
Little neck and head twitches again this morning , plus dry mouth.
Really really scared.

pb
27-09-14, 15:12
I feel like someone is sitting on my head and pushing it Down . Can anyone help please.

wnsos
27-09-14, 15:15
I've had spasms now and then, especially when I've been in deep worry about my neck (my main problem at the minute too, so stiff, so achy!) My doctors all say it's anxiety and we're so hyper aware of it that it's all we can think about. It's still a struggle for me to buy that it's anxiety but I reckon it can be. Try not to worry too much, have you been to the dr before about it?

RaverNeko
27-09-14, 18:20
Do you have bad posture? Typically that messes with your neck muscles and can cause a whole myriad of symptoms. I'm sure you're fine, especially considering doctors told you so! :)

pb
28-09-14, 07:52
I haven't been to dry yet, but I do have bad posture.

pb
29-09-14, 17:57
Head keeps twitching and jerking today.
I can't take anymore.
Too scared to see dr.
This can't just be stressed.
Really need help.

luc
29-09-14, 18:13
Hi PB,

Did you see the doctor about you anxiety a few months back now?

Lucia.

pb
29-09-14, 19:58
i haven'tbeen to gp. Im at my wits end. Head twitching and jerking

Fishmanpa
29-09-14, 20:14
i haven'tbeen to gp. Im at my wits end. Head twitching and jerking

So other than someone dragging you to your doctor, what can we do to help?

Positive thoughts

pb
29-09-14, 20:37
i know. The fear ihave stops me from seeing dr. The more i focus on symptoms the worse that get. Fear and panic prevent the rational side of me. I know i need help.

Libra
29-09-14, 20:45
Try to get through the fear pb. I was in exact same position as you 10 years ago.I actually had a head tremor and eventually I had to get advice.. Turned out it was anxiety and as you say things seem worse with the spasms the more anxious you get. I was given a 6 week course of physio to release the very tight neck and shoulder muscles and that did the trick because I could see that things were calming as my muscles loosened .Therefore the anxiety decreased and it all stopped and went back to normal.

lilol
29-09-14, 20:51
hey pb, really bad neck twitching was something i had until around a month ago when i saw a psych nurse at a&e (for something else - another anxiety symptom though). not that i'm suggesting you go down to a&e! but i know how distressing it is, but it will go away, it is your brain playing tricks on you.

what is your fear of the doctor?

pb
29-09-14, 21:15
Thank you for your replies.
I need help, I must try and see gp.

lilol
29-09-14, 21:18
let us know how you get on. for now try to just accept it's happening and it's not going to harm you. it will go away eventually. good luck.

pb
30-09-14, 16:55
Booked GP appointment but not till 22nd October.
Head been jerking and twitching a lot today, this can't just be anxiety.
I know I've posted alot but I'm so scared.

pb
02-10-14, 00:43
Can't sleep. Head feels like it's twitching all the time. Have GP appointment for 22 October.
I want this to be stress and not physical.
I keep doing this to myself, one illness after another.
Hard to work out what's anxiety and what's real.
In the past I have diagnosed myself with Ms, stroke, gallstones, angina.. The list is endless. No more , I can't take anymore.

pb
02-10-14, 20:41
Head won't stop twitching. Scared, it must be serious.

wnsos
03-10-14, 09:13
Anxiety is very real as are its symptoms. I'm still trying to work that out myself to a point where I'm not looking for an underlying cause. It makes everything worse. I hope your dr appointment comes quickly and puts your mind at rest. Could you go to an out of hours perhaps?

pb
03-10-14, 19:25
my neck and shoulder on left side feel like there shuddering and jerking, its so scary.
I hope gp can help next friday.
This cant just be stress...