PDA

View Full Version : Had enough

Avasmummy_x
26-09-14, 09:26
Of this health anxiety.

Anything to do with being I'll is worst case scenario.

As you've seen by many of my post I'm in a state of immense fear of a brain tumour due to constant lightheadedness, headaches, sickness, muscle weakness and symptom above symptom. I had a good few days this week I had no headache but of course the lightheadedness became worse so no relief. Now I'm getting bloodshot eyes every other day. It just seems that the more I'm scared of a tumour the more intense and worse it gets? I'm still waiting on my MRI which I'm petrified about the actual scan and the results if the scan.

I'm just so fed up I keep seeing all these cancer adverts and I'm like it's a sign it's taunting me. I'm so ill everyday I've just been signed off work another month I'm just so fed up of blowing things out of proportion. Why can't I think oh I'm suffering from chronic migraines, chronic sinusitis, chronic vertigo? No it has to be a brain tumour. I'm really at my lowest guys I feel like if I'm gonna feel like this forever I can't cope 10weeks strIght is too much I have a 2year old to look after and I'm really struggling to the point I've had to move back home for the extra help.

I'm 21 surely I shouldn't be feeling the way I do I'm suppose to be young fit bad healthy and instead I'm miserable and in fear I'm dying and going to leave my daughter without a mother.

bingjam
26-09-14, 12:50
I really feel for you, I got that low a few years ago when I was convinced I had malignant melanoma, and like you I avoid doctors as imtooo scared to actually go incase they say what I think it is,

With me once it's been a while I start to worry less and less until I find something new to take my mind off what I originally thought was killing me and the new worry makes me the same

We always think the worst even though it clearly isn't

Sorry I can't help you more or anything just want you to know that your not alone, I'm ere if you need a chat

Avasmummy_x
27-09-14, 18:48
Thanks for that. I suppose the positive thing is my headaches are no longer daily which they have been for about 8weeks. I'm getting them every other day instead.

But the lightheadedness and weakness and heaviness in my arm and hand is non the less every day constant and intense.

Just want my MRI and some answers.

pepsi
27-09-14, 20:10
The blood shot eyes are caused my tiredness caused by stress ...

chickpea
27-09-14, 20:11
I had a headache and funny visual disturbances for over 2 months last summer. I was convinced I had a brain tumour (my uncle had a large one removed).

It got so bad, I nearly collapsed while out running and ended up having an emergency eye health check up, where I had drops put into my eyes so they could see behind my eyes.
Turned out I had sinus problems, caused by neck and shoulder problems. 3 or 4 sessions with an osteopath sorted it out and I haven't had any problems since, other than the odd stuffy nose.

Have you tried steaming? Bowl of hot water with a few menthol crystals in or some Vicks or Olbas oil. Also, I was told by my osteopath and dentist never to sleep on 2 pillows because it puts your neck out of alignment and causes problems like headaches, sinus problems etc.
I also found saline nasal spray (the sort you use on babies and young children when they have a cold) helped.

RaverNeko
27-09-14, 21:45
Hey there,

I just want to mention that I suffer from the exact same anxiety that you do. I always have the fear that I have a brain tumor even though seven doctors told me that I don't have one, so me and you are in the same boat together. I get headaches, a bit of dizziness/lightheadedness, a perceived weakness, and some other stuff involving my eyes. I think that, especially in my and your case as well, that if we had a brain tumor then something serious would have happened right now. On Anxietyzone, another forum really similar to this one, someone mentioned:

"A Neuroscientist I work with once told me once that "there are no such things as early brain tumor symptoms". He meant that there are no symptoms that are actually noticeable until there are symptoms that are unmissable (later stage) such as loosing consciousness, consistent word order mistakes (not coming and going but constant) consistent head pain etc."

If you have ever read stories of people who dealt with actual brain tumors, these symptoms hit them like a ton of bricks and didn't go away. They're not little headaches, or a little dizziness, or a little weakness. The headaches are like you got your head smashed by a hammer, the dizziness is like you've drank a thousand beers, and the weakness is where you probably can't lift your arm/leg. They're extremely intense, and other people typically notice it.

I hope that helps calm your nerves a bit. The fear is a pain in the butt, but it's something that we can conquer together!

Avasmummy_x
28-09-14, 11:26
Thanks raver that is comforting. My symptoms are intense and constant but not to the extent of those symptoms. I always tell myself I'm just waiting for a seizure but I need to get a grip this all started in the beginning of July so I think if it was a tumour my symptoms would of put me in hospital right now. It's just when the symptoms are so bad I just can't help but think it's a tumour. I do have a sneaky suspicion it could be my sinuses though as my eyes and cheeks often get sore and a feeling of fullness and I have suffered with bouts of chronic sinutis over the years.

belvedia
03-10-14, 20:02
I've had vertigo for a year and a half now, and every so often I go through a brain tumor scare... usually brought on by new symptoms or trying to self-diagnose what's causing my spins! So you are definitely not alone. And the stuff about cancer is everywhere, online, on television, in magazines... It doesn't help that we get mixed messages of "you probably don't have a tumor, most brain tumors are asymptomatic!" but then medical websites list of symptoms and note that presentation can vary and to watch for x, y, and z signs. Make up your mind, internet!

I'm looking forward to my ENT visit next month, at least having some clue as to what is causing my symptoms is better than wrestling with the what-ifs of an imaginary tumor! I hope you can get some peace of mind too.