PDA

View Full Version : Vision blurs a bit after blinking

RaverNeko
27-09-14, 05:07
Hey everyone, I'm curious if anybody has dealt with this before. It's been happening for a couple of days now and it's making me nervous.

For some reason, my vision gets a little blurry a couple seconds after blinking. It's not a substantial blur, but it's enough to notice text on a computer or in a book become a smidge fuzzy. It sometimes seems like it goes "in and out" so to speak. Usually blinking makes it clear up, but then it happens again. I have astigmatism as well as a "squint" that was fixed with surgery when I was a little over 1 years old.

I talked to my dad about this, and he said that he gets this, but it goes away after a while. I have an eye doctor appointment on Thursday and I'm really nervous about it, so any reassurance is welcome, :(

.Poppy.
27-09-14, 13:42
Do you by any chance wear contacts?

I get this sometimes, I used to get it a lot more. It usually means your eyes are dry. Sometimes it happens when I don't have my contacts in, but the last brand of contacts I wore would get really dry on my eyes and cause this. It fixes itself with extra blinking because when you blink, your eyes release more tears and lubricate themselves the way they need to.

lalouba
27-09-14, 17:00
Hi Neko!

Just thought I'd chime in here with some personal experience. I had this exact same thing fork months and it was HORRID. I was eventually diagnosed with something called Blepheritis. A totally annoying but non-threatening condition that causes this exact thing :) look into it and see if any of the symptoms sound familiar. I don't have all the symptoms but do have a couple and the doc reassures me that that's what it is so I no longer worry about it :)

RaverNeko
27-09-14, 18:10
Hey Poppy, I actually don't wear contacts. I actually tried them out one time when I went to the optometrist a couple of years ago, but the sensation of something actually being on my eye made me flip out. Had to have the doctor there take them out, haha. I'm a glasses person!

You know, they may really just be dry eyes. Maybe I'm looking for things that are wrong with my eyes or something, but they just don't feel as lubricated as they usually do. It's been hot and dry here in SoCal for several months and I'm sure that'd do something to your eyes!

Lalouba, I may have to ask the eye doctor about that on Thursday. It doesn't seem like something I'd have, but you never know eh? ;) Thanks!