PDA

View Full Version : How do you feel in the mornings?

lalouba
27-09-14, 10:11
Hello lovely anxious people!

I just wondered how many of you suffered with the same thing as me: terrible morning anxiety!!

I'd say my anxiety is at it's worst in the morning, lags a little during the day and then peaks up a bit more in the evening. I read about Cortisol being something to do with this, not that it puts my mind at ease much, haha!

Most mornings I wake up feeling groggy, nauseous, dizzy and have quite a heavy/fluttery chest. I feel much worse when I'm stood up but, unfortunately, having a very active 3 year old to look after I don't get the luxury of being able to lay down and adjust before getting up! Haha.

I find it easier to cope with on her pre-school days as I get up and rush about before a brisk walk in the fresh air, which seems to take my mind off things a little, but I really struggle on the weekends and lazier days!

I'd love to hear your morning woes and what helps you, maybe we could share some tips :) xxx

Rosiebee87
27-09-14, 10:43
Hiya,

Like you mornings are my worst time of the day and evening the best..

I find my anxiety (symptoms) and general low mood goes away with distraction through my day.

I can tell myself things will get better as the day goes on so I just wish I knew this automatically and therefore didn't wake up feeling this way atall but hey ho. Rather that than feel continuously awful like I was a couple of months ago x

lalouba
27-09-14, 10:49
Glad to hear you're feeling at least a little better, Rosie. I'm guessing by the 87 in your name that we're the same age. Amazing how many 20 something's are screwed up by this. SIGH.

MrAndy
27-09-14, 10:49
I used to have terrible morning anxiety but it's gone now,you are doing exactly the right thing by getting up and getting on with your day.give it no thought or time and it will fade over time

wnsos
27-09-14, 11:11
Hiya guys. I have this terrible habit of thinking about my aches the second I wake up and it really messes with me! It's a bit more bearable during the day (though I've a feeling if I could manage to not think about it at the beginning it could be easier, damn it) and then hits me extra hard at night. I sort of hate that I look forward to bed!

Another 20 something checking in.

ShaunRyder
27-09-14, 11:32
Yep mornings are my worse, soon as I wake up I am worrying about a lump, mole or an ache etc. Sometimes I do not even want to get out of bed :(

Primula
27-09-14, 13:33
Yes, mornings are usually the worst for us anxious people. The best thing is to get up and get on with your day, whatever you feel like. I find lying in bed just makes me feel worse.

As soon as you wake, remember to say yourself, this is just anxiety making me feel bad, I've felt this before but I always manage to carry on with my day.

I've read that cortisol is higher in the morning that's why we fell worse.

mermaid
27-09-14, 13:58
My anxiety symptoms churning stomach and sort of panic rising up inside are very bad in the mornings. Usually eases by evening when I feel calmer and more positive.

I try to take my mind off things but it can be so hard! Sometimes I feel physically unwell and even walking the dog feels like trying to climb a mountain!

Would love to hear how others cope too.

Mermaid

lalouba
27-09-14, 15:55
My anxiety symptoms churning stomach and sort of panic rising up inside are very bad in the mornings. Usually eases by evening when I feel calmer and more positive.

I try to take my mind off things but it can be so hard! Sometimes I feel physically unwell and even walking the dog feels like trying to climb a mountain!

Would love to hear how others cope too.

Mermaid

Sounds very much like myself, mermaid. Really awful, isn't it?? :(

paul78
27-09-14, 15:58
Hi all mornings are bad for me daily. I always think in morning why night is over.so lazy , donot want to leave bed.
How u all think when going to bed at night for next mornings.

lalouba
27-09-14, 16:02
Hi all mornings are bad for me daily. I always think in morning why night is over.so lazy , donot want to leave bed.
How u all think when going to bed at night for next mornings.

Hi Paul!

To answer your question, I always feel anxious when I get into bed because I worry about how I feel when I'll wake up! Very worrying

nomorepanic
27-09-14, 16:16
I have merged your posts as you posted the same thing in two different forums

lalouba
27-09-14, 17:08
Thanks Nicola!

paul78
28-09-14, 10:17
U think same as me. I dislike mornings and like nights by the way im not married and not have partner for that lol.

lalouba
28-09-14, 11:30
Haha! Yep mornings are the worst. My partner lives three hours away (although we are moving in together in January after a very long two years of only seeing each other every other weekend!) so yes it can be scary being on your own in bed at night, especially when you're feeling this way and worrying about what the morning will bring.

paul78
28-09-14, 17:04
Today im going to bed too early and wishing for long night that would not over with morning haha!

gregcool
28-09-14, 20:48
I feel crap in the morning.very anxious and depressed.for me it takes a good few hrs before it starts to fade a bit.but come early evening it creeps back again.lifes a bummer when you just dont feel happy anymore

chickpea
28-09-14, 21:16
Yes, when I suffer anxiety (I am lucky - it comes and goes) it is worst in the mornings. I wake up with a sense of dread, feeling sick and don't want to do anything.
As others have said, the best thing is to get up and carry on my day as normal...the worst thing is to lie in bed, ruminating over how bad I feel.

I have long stretches of the day feeling perfectly normal, but when the evening draws in and it starts to get dark, I can feel my mood dropping.
I had a breakdown 5 years ago at exactly this time of year, so I wonder if the change from summer to Autumn affects me (even though I love Autumn).

Loubylou1982
02-11-14, 01:39
I wake up in the mornings and the first thing I think is. 'I hate my life'.

I think of all the other people my age married with children and I feel like a failure and loser. Then I get anxiety from this :-/