PDA

View Full Version : Scared!!! Hair loss female

kirstynic
27-09-14, 13:34
Hi

This morning when doing my hair I noticed a bald patch on my head. I have thick hair and so this patch really shows. I am 28 years old and no hereditary hair loss. I don't understand what it is and am scared that it is all going to fall out. I go on holiday next week and can't see doctor before. I have attached a photo.

RoseEve
27-09-14, 14:01
A change in hormones can do it. 3 months after I had my son my hair fell out in chunks. I'm sure it will grow back. You may have pulled some out while brushing.

kirstynic
27-09-14, 14:14
I am worried its alopecia. I have noticed no hair coming out when styling only noticed it today when parting my hair.

Magic
27-09-14, 14:40
Why is it you cannot see GP before you go away Roseeve? Are you going away on Monday?

eevee
27-09-14, 14:54
Hi there, I'm sorry to have to go through this horrible hair loss but I've been in your place before. Kinda am still now.

Go see your GP and see if he could order a blood test to rule out things that could cause hair loss, and ask for referral to see a dermatologist :hugs: If it's alopecia, there are treatments. Maybe change your parting for now?

Magic
27-09-14, 15:03
This is true eevee. The lady I used to work for-her daughter had treatment from a dermatologist for alopecia (that's if it is alopecia) it came on after A level exams.
The hair grew back to normal. It is worrying, as I have hair loss myself.

kirstynic
27-09-14, 16:44
We go Wednesday but doctors only do appointments for emergencys that quick otherwise they call it routine. Only had bloods done a few weeks ago and all was ok. Not sure what doctor could do to help before I go. I have changed parting and can't see it but worry I will get more of these patches appear?

anthrokid
28-09-14, 01:19
Interestingly enough, there is actually a relationship between anxiety and hair loss. Many people who suffer from prolonged stress or anxiety experience hair loss and thinning, but this generally corrects itself when the anxiety/stress reduces. Of course, check it out with your doctor as well, but it is very possible that this is just due to anxiety.

http://stress-free-mama.com/stress-and-hair-loss-a-double-dose-of-anxiety/

Magic
28-09-14, 11:55
Kirsty, Go on your holiday and see how it goes. Try not to worry Enjoy yourself.
You can go to GPs when you get back.xx:hugs:

spacebunnyx
28-09-14, 16:56
hair loss is common at this time of the year.. I'm losing loads.

xxx

kirstynic
28-09-14, 20:15
I am used to losing hair in the brush or after washing but not seen a visible patch where the scalp is visable

Mrschurchill
28-09-14, 22:26
OMG Kirstynic I had the EXACT same thing happen to me about 3/4 months ago - same place and everything! I was at the hairdressers and they noticed it! I freaked but genuinely put it down to stress and it's now growing back - even though I look like Alfalfa with a tuft of hair sticking up! The bald spot was about the size of a 5p coin and was soo smooth. X

kirstynic
29-09-14, 06:48
Mine isn't smooth it's sort of got hair in places there. Reading on alopecia it's scary how many people lose there hair so quick and are bald that's what worries me. I keep feeling like there is a tugging feeling on my hair like when you have your ponytail to tight and sure this means I will find more patches.
Really want to see the doctor before I go on holiday will ring this morning but the receptionist always asks if it's an emergency and what's wrong they decide if I need to see a doctor which really bugs me because I hate telling them what's wrong and they see a emergency as ear, eye infections etc!

By the way alfalfa is cute but like you I don't fancy his hairstyle! x

worried Laura
30-09-14, 00:20
If it's not a smooth bald patch and broken hair, then it's just hair that's been damaged. Do you use hair straightens or curling tones? You could have brunt the hair in that spot and it broke off. :-)

Magic
30-09-14, 09:55
Hi, Doctor receptionists. --- Whatever you tell them is confidential .xx