PDA

View Full Version : Hi

sledgehammer
27-09-14, 17:24
Hi folks,

Glad I have found this place, already reading through the posts I see that a lot of my concerns and symptoms are shared by a great many, and that in the cold light of day, I do indeed have severe anxiety, although sometimes through panic and anxiety I can convince myself of anything, especially negative things regarding my physical health, was pretty sure I was having a heart attack 15 minutes ago, for example!!

I'll just tell you where I am at the minute, rather than make this too long. I have had quite a bad episode of IBS, very anxious about it being misdiagnosed, initial tests show it more likely to be IBS than anything else, and an examination showed where the blood in BM was coming from, internal hemorrhoids, but by the time we'd got to this stage after many GP visits, I was gone, so to speak, my health anxiety was off the loop, I know while typing this, I'm being irrational, but during the increased episodes of almost mania, I convince myself of all kinds of things going and being wrong, and the anxiety induced chest pain and palpitations don't help, apparently after looking at bloods, BP, etc., I'm physically fit as a fiddle for my age, (40).

So I'll wrap this up for now, and will chime in on stuff I can relate to on the forum. Current situation, just been prescribed Mirtazapine 15mg for chronic insomnia and anxiety, haven't taken it yet, (I also have a phobia of taking medicines, after a couple of bad experiences), and going to see a CBT/anxiety counsellor next Thursday, privately, as I can't wait any longer, I think this has a lot to do with traumas suffered during childhood/adolescence that I have never really confronted or cleared up.

I wish you all well, and hope I can initially get a little help, and hopefully give some back in the future.

PanchoGoz
27-09-14, 17:27
Hi! Welcome. Peter Gabriel fan?

sledgehammer
27-09-14, 17:36
Thanks for the welcome,

I don't dislike his stuff, but it's just an old silly nickname, I used to do some amateur boxing in my teens, and my mates called me it because it went with my surname, although they were being quite tongue in cheek about my lack of punching power!!, the gits, 20 + years later and the odd person still calls me it!

PanchoGoz
27-09-14, 21:51
Haha I see :doh:

Baggs
30-09-14, 18:51
Welcome to NMP, I hope you find as much help as I have. I wish you all the best.

sledgehammer
02-10-14, 21:18
Welcome to NMP, I hope you find as much help as I have. I wish you all the best.

Thanks,

I'm already learning that I'm not alone with all of this, and although I get scared and overwhelmed sometimes, I see that I'm not on my own, and that others are having the exact same, in some cases, problems as me, I don't feel so totally mad!! :blush: I'm already more determined to get to the bottom of this, I hesitate to say "fight this", as I think fighting against my feelings for so long has made this all build up to this crescendo, now I'm going to get the help, instead of trying to maintain a false version of myself where nothing was ever wrong!, it's not going to be easy and will take time, but what other choice do I have?

MyNameIsTerry
03-10-14, 07:33
Thanks for the welcome,

I don't dislike his stuff, but it's just an old silly nickname, I used to do some amateur boxing in my teens, and my mates called me it because it went with my surname, although they were being quite tongue in cheek about my lack of punching power!!, the gits, 20 + years later and the odd person still calls me it!

I was wondering if it was a reference to the old tv comedy with Dave Rasche in :shades:

Welcome to NMP Sledge :welcome:I'm sure you will get lots of help & ideas from this place as well as meet some friendly people who understand what you are going through.