PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety/Panic—Just starting medication

Mirkwood
28-09-14, 18:28
Hi Everyone!

I'm hoping to help find some guidance here and I'd like to help others if I can. I'm a very creative, honest person and I love to laugh, but I have developed trust issues which makes it hard to make good friends. I had my first panic attack right after graduating from college when I realized how little control I had over life. I have a therapist appointment coming up soon to help address childhood problems, like sexual abuse from my stepfather, and little emotional support from my family.

Things have been generally manageable when I became more financially stable and I bought my first condo (yay!) But so many life changes (new stressful job, new place, no close friends) have made it difficult.

I just started Zoloft 4 days ago, and I really hope it helps... I'm counting down the days to 2 weeks when it should take effect. Meanwhile, I had a really stressful week at work (my teammate was on vacation and I had double the work load) and I was really lonely at home that I had to spend the night at my mother's. I had a resurgence of anxiety and I'm barely eating. I'm trying really hard to eat some more food so I don't make things worse for myself. I hope I can get through the next two weeks. Thanks for anyone who read this. I hope everyone here is finding peace.

ray52
28-09-14, 20:23
Hi and :welcome: to the forum

Baggs
30-09-14, 18:50
Welcome to NMP, it may not be exactly 2 weeks before the meds kick in. I wish you all the best.