PDA

View Full Version : New member, hello all.

Peter2
28-09-14, 20:50
Glad to join the community today, a day of such horrible panic I am finally ready to get help.

Earliest instances were when I was young, 10-15, but in the past 5 years the anxiety and panic has spiraled out of control (3-5 panic attacks per day).

As many on this forum will be familiar with, very few in my personal life understand the pain of panic/anxiety, my non-complicitness with it, and the impact it has had on my life.

Here's hoping talking with some fellow panic folk will help.

Thanks for reading!

hugo87
28-09-14, 21:26
I hear ya man... I joined in a few days ago because of panic attacks as well. Most people don't understand, unless they been through it. I'm going though it and its not easy. I woke up this morning feeling like there were cannons shooting at my chest. I hope that you find some comfort in this place as I did.

Best,

Hugo

venusbluejeans
28-09-14, 21:59
Hiya and welcome to NMP:welcome:

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Peter2
29-09-14, 09:37
Thank you, Hugo and Venusbluejeans! It definitely took a bit of the edge off yesterday, reading how my experience is not unusual. It's as if the subject of every thread on here was started by me.

I appreciate the welcome.

jonjones
29-09-14, 23:22
Welcome! :)

Baggs
30-09-14, 18:46
Welcome to NMP, talking definitely helps. I wish you all the best.

jgt98
02-10-14, 03:37
I'm just joining tonight after suffering with P & for almost 15 years. Just when I think I'm moving forward it comes again out of nowhere it seems and always with a new symptom. Lately it's my face being red and feels like it's on fire for hours at a time or all day. Anyone else experience this. Thanks for the support. . I'm so happy to have this to turn to!

HalfJack
02-10-14, 03:47
Hey hey, I used to be the same, I had a big problem with panic attacks and no one was supportive of me. I have a greatly improved grip on them now, thanks to the support I've had from people on here and positive changes I made.
Glad to have you aboard!