PDA

View Full Version : Am i going mentally insane?:(

laurenn
28-09-14, 21:49
I have had anxiety for a while now and health anxiety I think. I always think I have something serious and my symptoms are awful. The thing is is that the last few weeks I have been feeling mentally dull as if I am a blank canvas and I cant form any thoughts/ ideas anything, I feel like something Is going to happen. I feel unreal and like there is something wrong in my head, I cant think at all or concentrate. My anxiety symptoms are: Headaches in the morning, breathing problems, ringing in my ears, bad stomach, feeling weak, tired, shaky, tingly/numbness, feeling like something is about to happen. Right now I feel like I am mentally paralyzed, sometimes I feel like something crazy is happening, am I bipolar or schizophrenic?:-( I feel like I am, I get really worried all the time, I am only 16 years old. Sometimes I feel as if I don't even want to be here anymore, somebody please help I feel clinically insane, I have no reactions in my mind its as if its not working. Please help me:((

chickpea
28-09-14, 22:18
No,you are absolutely NOT going insane.
You ARE suffering from anxiety and all its symptoms.
Brain fog and brain freeze is a very common symptom - after I'd had a breakdown, I couldn't hold a thought in my head, so much so that I'd start a sentence and forget what I'd said...let alone what I was going to say.

Please talk to your doctor and let them reassure you that it is anxiety and will get better with help.

laurenn
28-09-14, 22:24
Thank you so much for your reply, I keep feeling as if something is there and that I'm seeing things but I'm not too sure if that's the anxiety, I'm scared. I feel like some part of me isn't working right, my head is totally dull:((((((

Carnation
28-09-14, 22:33
Yes, Laurenn. You have described Anxiety symptoms. It is all very scary, but no harm will come to you; even though it feels like something will happen, it never does. :)

laurenn
28-09-14, 22:42
I've just been feeling as if my head isn't working right anymore and that I completely cant think like at all, I'm worried that is another mental problem:(

Carnation
28-09-14, 22:55
You need to take some time out, do stuff that is completely neutral. Look at it like your Brain needs a little rest from worry and stress. Play a Board Game, watch Comedy on TV, put some music on that reminds you of good times, do some Yoga, go for a leisurely walk, go feed the ducks, stand outside and look at the sky and watch the stars. All these things are very good for your well-being. Believe me. :)

MyNameIsTerry
29-09-14, 05:21
I think many of us reach limits with anxiety and start to wonder if its a different condition but thats all part of the irrational side of anxiety - it makes you question everything.

Feeling mentally blank can be because you have been having bad anxiety and you seem to just feel all your energy go and your body needs some time to recover. Or it can be low mood or depression which just seems to disconnect you from wanting to do anything. Mood swings can be like that but it doesn't mean its a different mental health condition such as those you mentioned.

I've wondered in the past if I am bipolar but whilst I hit the depression side, I don't experience the mania. Do you experience mania? If not, its very unlikely you are bipolar. There are 2 types of it and the less commonly known version means that the dwings are less extreme. With bipolar, the episodes are less common than with anxiety as medical professionals look for swings over the period of a year as opposed to anxiety which can see swings week after week.