PDA

View Full Version : Visceral Osteopaths

samc100
29-12-06, 19:26
I know it sounds batty but the one thing I feel has helped me in the last 6 months is seeing a Visceral Osteopath. It is more of a practical thing than dealing with a mental issue.

She doesn't just deal with rugby players and their dodgy knees. She deals with stuff like IBS, adrenalin etc.

My osteopath is working on getting my anxiety levels down and it isn't a quick fix cos' my levels are so high it will take a few years to get them down. But I think it really is reducing my adrenalin levels.

Obviously it costs but some costs can be covered by health plans.

I just wanted to share this on the forum in case it helps anyone else.

Nel
29-12-06, 19:31
It doesn't sound batty at all, if it is helping you then it can only be good.
What does it involve?

Nel xxx

samc100
29-12-06, 19:38
It is basically a tough massage. It isn't painful but there some uncomfy bits (e.g. cricking the neck). But there are some lovely bits.

And last time she got right under my rib cage and spent 20 mins releasing a ball of stress. It hurt until she finished then I felt so light.

I have to remember to wear matching undies cos' you have to strip down.

The idea is to release the tension in the bodies internal organs. I have kidney problems and the adrenal gland is just above the kidneys and it is possible they trigger each other off ( funnily enough since having the treatment I haven't had any kidney issues....)

Nel
29-12-06, 19:52
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">It is basically a tough massage. It isn't painful but there some uncomfy bits (e.g. cricking the neck). But there are some lovely bits.

And last time she got right under my rib cage and spent 20 mins releasing a ball of stress. It hurt until she finished then I felt so light.

I have to remember to wear matching undies cos' you have to strip down.

The idea is to release the tension in the bodies internal organs. I have kidney problems and the adrenal gland is just above the kidneys and it is possible they trigger each other off ( funnily enough since having the treatment I haven't had any kidney issues....)

<div align="right">Originally posted by samc100 - 29 December 2006 : 19:38:39</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

Sounds brill! Where did you hear about her?
I have been thinking about trying reflexology.

samc100
29-12-06, 20:00
My dear brother -in-law found her (he is an Osteopath but not trained in that area).

The best way to find one is to phone around local ones and ask for an Osteopath who deals with anxiety or depression or whatever your main issue is that needs to be dealt with. That's what my bro-in-law did.

Reputable ones are registered with a number that can be checked with the General Osteopathic Council ( they have a web site). And you'll know if they know what they are talking about regarding what you want dealing with cos' it will make sense.

Nel
29-12-06, 20:32
Cheers Sam, I had a look at the website and Jan de Vries is near me. I think I will email him and ask about it.

Nel xxx

chillx
29-12-06, 20:48
Hi

Sounds interesting!

Nel - Let me know how you get on as I think you are in the same area of Scotland as myself.

chillx

Nel
29-12-06, 21:35
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hi

Sounds interesting!

Nel - Let me know how you get on as I think you are in the same area of Scotland as myself.

chillx

<div align="right">Originally posted by chillx - 29 December 2006 : 20:48:26</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

I will hon. He does homeopathic stuff, which interests me too.

Nel xxx

samc100
30-12-06, 19:35
OOh Nel - he sounds interesting. Let us know how you get on won't you?