PDA

View Full Version : travel anxiety...again!

shopmad
29-09-14, 16:58
I posted back in June about getting to the airport for a flight to Canada and having such bad anxiety about been away from home i couldnt go. I've been for CBT since which has helped me and my fluoxetine has been doubled to 40mg a day. I had some 2mg valium off the dr and it just made me a bit tired. I decided i need to face my anxiety and am going to Rome this weekend. I couldnt sleep last night because i was so anxious and i saw the dr today. I said i think i need a higher dose than 2mg and he said he wouldnt give me any higher! Felt like i was talking to a brick wall. Why do doctors vary so much on benzos??

I'm flying on Saturday and i can't cancel as my Dad will literally kill me!

Oosh
29-09-14, 21:11
Focus on what there is to enjoy :)

You're very lucky. I wish it was me !

Control what you focus on and your mood will follow.

Hope you have a really nice time :yahoo:

Izzie2494
29-09-14, 22:07
Hi, I have very bad anxiety and last year in December I went to Paris for the weekend which I was terrified about, although I had anxiety most of the time I tried my best to enjoy it, my advice is keep telling yourself you're ok when you feel anxious, remember it's only a short trip, you will soon be home so try to enjoy it whilst you're there, I downloaded some of my favourite TV programmes on my ipad, and when I felt nervous I watched them :) hope you have a brilliant time, Rome looks like a lovely place! X