PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else experience this?

SyrianPanda
29-09-14, 23:59
Ever since my first panic attack last week (Sept. 18) I've been experiencing physical symptoms such as tight throat, numbness in the face, random pains, etc. After telling myself that these symptoms were just anxiety and that they weren't going to kill me, they went away one by one. I'm still fixated on my breathing. I'm consciously aware of it but can distract myself from it. The thing though that I'm worried about now is my mind. I will think about something and then repeat the thought. For example, my thought was "My tarantula's cage looks..." then I repeat the word "looks" and continue from there. It's as if my thought train keeps getting stuck. When I tell someone something, such as "no don't do that", I then repeat what I just said in my mind and then think about why I'm repeating it. When I'm listening to what people say, the TV, a song, etc. I repeat the last things they say. I also sing randomly to myself in my head. Like I was getting a towel and then I was singing my thoughts about what I was getting the towel for (Ex. "I should take a shower, good thing there's still towels left" I sung in my mind) I also woke up singing completely random words to myself. I feel like I'm going insane. I have a doctor appointment coming up. I used to wake up in the middle of the night feeling dizzy and that the ground was shaking with a weird heavy feeling in my neck and head but ever since I told myself that it wasn't going to kill me, it went away. I also experimented to see if the magnesium was causing it and ever since I stopped taking magnesium as well, I haven't awaken with the dizzy, rocky ground feeling. Does anyone else experience this? I also feel like I talk to myself too much in my mind but I think this is normal. I know that the voice in my head is my own. Thanks in advance for your responses!

mnaha
30-09-14, 00:05
I think I can speak for most people here that we all have experienced what you are describing.It is all anxiety and will fade at one point or the other. Symptoms come and go and it sounds like things are getting better for you and you have a handle on everything. I think its all anxiety and you will be fine.