PDA

View Full Version : Periods

turnthelighton
30-09-14, 16:46
Hi, I finished my period on the 20th of this month, I seem to be getting shorter each month! Then the end of last week I had a brown discharge for about 4 days (old blood, sorry tmi). Now for the last two days it feels like I am getting my period again. lower pain etc but I am not due on till the 11th October approx. What is going on. I am 44 years old :-(

chickpea
30-09-14, 17:46
Sounds like ovulation pains - generally, you ovulate 2 weeks before your period start.

turnthelighton
30-09-14, 17:58
Yes could be, not had it like this before. Or the brown discharge last week.

Lucinda07
30-09-14, 19:15
It could be the perimenopause.

Tessar
30-09-14, 20:27
Sound like it could be the onset of menopause, very similar how my peri-menopause began.

turnthelighton
30-09-14, 21:39
Hi thanks for replies. I will mention it to the doctor. Really feel a like my period is coming hope not as it would be way too early!

chickpea
30-09-14, 22:28
I went to see my gp yesterday, because I feel like I'm getting my period most days of the month at the moment. My periods are getting closer together, I get the odd night sweat, feel very hormonal (for that, read short-tempered!), breast tenderness and generally out of sorts.
She mentioned perimenopause and has booked me in for bloods tomorrow - but she did say that they probably wouldn't show any change while I'm still having periods, and that they only change once menopause has started.

turnthelighton
02-10-14, 16:52
Thank you chickpea. I have made an apt to see the doctor but have to wait. Still getting the period symptoms but no period