PDA

View Full Version : Extreme fatigue, followed by....

Petesy
30-09-14, 17:09
Hi Everyone

I feel like I've had the energy sucked right out of me like a rotten lethargic feeling i've had breakfast, lunch and i'm about to have my tea but this feeling is awful... Extremely lacking energy it's scary, i feel like I'm going to just keel over i've started getting tremors in my hands so I thought maybe a cuppa with 3 sugars incase I was low on sugar, i'm still the same :weep:

My sleep pattern has been total rubbish can't get to sleep until 4am and wake up at 8am, i've stopped smoking nearly a month now nicotine replacement therapy (patches) my heads wandering all over the place for example:"could it be this" "could it be that".....

Can lethargy be put down to anxiety? or is this poor sleep quality? Is it because I've stopped smoking? You get the picture... Help!!?? Plz :ohmy:

Petesy

---------- Post added at 17:09 ---------- Previous post was at 17:06 ----------

I'm starting to get afraid my partner has just asked if i'm ok I know her concern should be comforting but it's made my anxiety level shoot through the roof.. :-(

Annie0904
30-09-14, 18:05
Lethargy can indeed be anxiety as can not being able to sleep.. The trouble is then we start to worry about it and this just increases the anxiety and makes it worse. I am not sure about the withdrawal symptoms from stopping smoking but that can only make you feel better in the long term. Maybe your immune system needs a boost. Take something like Berocca effervescent tablets which may help your energy levels.

Petesy
30-09-14, 20:49
Hi Annie

Thanks for your reply

I feel awful but this might sound daft i'm kinda glad to hear it could all be anxiety because my head was wandering elsewhere getting ready to Google thank goodness I didn't though, i myself most definitely think it's a mixture of both now anxiety=insomnia=anxiety=insomnia... Vicious circle...

Total burnout, plus I've been having vivid dreams and waking covered in sweat was told off the pharmacist it's because I fell asleep with my patch on :doh:

I think I'm really run down and funny you should say berocca because I've been drinking one every morning from last week and have been feeling the benefits apart from today it's been hellish, maybe it's all caught up with me :unsure:

Think i'll be taking one of my diazepam before bed tonight, i've been holding off but I ain't feeling like this tomorrow.

Hope all is well Annie :bighug1:

Best wishes

Petesy x

Annie0904
30-09-14, 21:17
Take care Petesy and I hope you start to pick up soon (can't have you being run down in your condition can we? :roflmao:) :hugs::hugs: I am going to brave flying to Croatia at the weekend!!

Serenity1990
30-09-14, 21:33
Nothing unfamiliar at all in your post!

Petesy
01-10-14, 20:10
Nothing unfamiliar at all in your post!

Hi serenity

May I ask what you mean by your reply..?? :unsure:

---------- Post added at 20:10 ---------- Previous post was at 20:05 ----------

Hi Annie

Thanks i will do lol :roflmao:

Just remember Malta and you'll be fine, i'm off to Majorca on June so I have a bit too wait,
Hope you have a great time :bighug1:

Thanks again

Petesy x

Annie0904
01-10-14, 20:21
Haha...before I went to Malta I convinced myself there would be an earthquake off the coast of Italy that would send a tsunami over Malta! Oh well when I was in Primary school my teacher always said I had a good imagination and wrote excellent stories :D

Petesy
06-10-14, 18:45
That's the thing about us anxiety sufferers we all have great imaginations and are very creative my teacher also told me that story telling and great at art 🎨....

Our imaginations are that great we imagine ourselves to be in great danger, so I suppose it has it's ups and downs.. :shrug:

Annie0904
06-10-14, 18:50
Are you feeling any better now? I am in Dubrovnik and it is raining.

Petesy
06-10-14, 20:20
Yeah thanks

I'm feeling a lot better from the lethargic point of view, it's the stomach now :weep:

You're in Croatia right now??

MrAndy
06-10-14, 20:23
Stopping smoking can't be easy,it must add to the anxiety

Petesy
06-10-14, 20:32
Yeah sure does, it's got a plus side if I look at the positives, we're agitated most of the time so any other person stopping smoking without anxiety disorders will be like wtf! when I'm like it's just another day for me agitated wise..

But the health benefits of stopping especially when the doc hits me with sorry peter but you're showing the early signs of Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease on my x-ray results, it's a shame that I had to wait for that boot up the ass for me to stop, but anyway I have stopped which is the best treatment for it.

MrAndy
06-10-14, 20:36
Well done mate

Petesy
06-10-14, 20:44
Cheers Andy :bighug1: