PDA

View Full Version : Assesment on agoraphobia

zubiboy008
30-09-14, 17:33
Hi ladies and germs, i have made small amount of improvement with the help of exposure therapy and completed 3 sessions in 16 days that's terrible i mean in the first week i completed 2 sessions, first was with support of 2 people and spent 3.5 hrs outside. In the next session i spent 3 hrs with support of 1 person but after that only one session of about 5-10 mins and no progress later, it's like i am going backwards plz share detailed ideas how to progress further:welcome:

nomorepanic
30-09-14, 17:44
Hi ladies and germs,

Sorry I had to laugh at that :roflmao:

You have to stick at it and keep going out over and over again.

Bea.2014
03-10-14, 11:41
Firstly, I would try to do it alone if you can...otherwise you'll only ever be able to go out with other people. Do something every day, no matter how small it is.

gregcool
03-10-14, 19:04
Hi zub.well for me i found exposer worked.i hated getting in lifts,so what i did on my own was.i went to the lift and watched it going up and down,it was a glass lift in a shopping center,after watching many times for a few days i got in it when it wad empty,then got out,i done this for a couple of days then i got in the lift with others and only got in for one floor,did this for a few days,then went to second floor etc etc,until i could go all the way up on my own.i found this worked for ,me.i did the same routen with busses.first goto bus stop watch them come and go,then got on for one stop then moved up to second stop etc etc,you get the picture.so ifbi was in your shoes i would try the same for leaving my house,spend plenty of time just standing on the door step,then move up the path many times and slowly move further away from the house.it takes time tho,so dont excpect it to happen over night.good luck

Jamesflames
05-10-14, 18:56
It can feel like you are going nowhere after a bad experience of exposure. You need to make the most of even the bad times by thinking about what went wrong and working out how to challenge the bad thoughts next time.

Stick with it though and try not to beat yourself up. You are allowed to have a bad day after all!