PDA

View Full Version : why can't i touch my mum?

coll
29-12-06, 21:57
Not sure if i am in the right place or not? will keep this quick as i can....
i cannot bare to touch my mum!!! i feel awful because i feel like this! she stayed over xmas and i stripped the room when she went, i cannot stand to let her skin touch me, if it does i have to wash, if she touched my clothes i have to wash them, i love her dearly and feel terrible about this, i think i know deep down the reason but just wondered if anyone else has had this or knows of it?

clickaway
29-12-06, 22:17
Hi Coll and welcome to the site.

Its good that you think you know the reason, and I would suggest you seek out some CBT to help you overcome this. Have you seen your doctor about this?

Do you have any other checking or cleaning rituals?

Take Care

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

coll
29-12-06, 22:27
Hi
thanks for replying, i think i have a bit of OCD but i do keep it under control, by that i mean certain things bother me but i dont let it get hold of me, but with my mum is different, i worry about it before i go and see her, i worry that she will link my arm, so i make sure i wear long sleeves when i go there, i let her wear my slippers when she was here at xmas and now i will throw them away!! i always kiss her before i leave but i feel terrible after,
this is going to sound horrible now but i think (although not sure) if it is because i used to hear/see her having sex with her boyfriend when i was a kid (used to make me feel sick)and i was like it then, but it seemed to wear off but has come back now with a vengence, dont know how to stop myself feeling like this, i know i will feel guilty if anything happens to her,
Thanks
Coll

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

<div align="right">Originally posted by clickaway - 29 December 2006 : 22:17:04</div id="right">
[/quote]

bearcrazy
30-12-06, 16:36
hi coll,

Although my thoughs about my mum are not as extreme as yours, I find it difficult to bond with her now. My mum came for Christmas too and when I was going through a bad patch, crying through church service she didnt know how to react, other people did, they gave me a hug. Now I cant remember e ver being that close to my mum. I find her very irritating and intolerant, and yet I am intolerant of her. I felt really guilty when she went home. I build up a picture of a nice cosy traditional christmas with her and my family and it doesnt happen. I found out that her mum was very badly treated as a child and think that she didnt show much affection to my mum, I cant remember her hugging or cuddling me as a child. I feel very guilty about my thoughts. I know I haven't been much help, but thanx for giving me the opportunity to offload!
TC xxxxxxxxxx

Jem27
01-01-07, 18:48
I have had these feelings if I think someone isn't very clean or has pets, I was terrible at one stage, I hated people kissing me on the cheek and if people came to my house or if I went to theirs I had to wash my clothes and bath myself and the kids.

I do not feel like this now but at the time it was horrible.