PDA

View Full Version : Been told I need glasses. could I have a tumour?

Katie_cupcakes
30-09-14, 23:37
I'm 24, and for the past week or so iv had pain behind my eyes. I then noticed my left eye was slightly hazy. I have had perfect vision up until now and this has come on quite suddenly. I went to the optician today and went through the whole test, I need a slight prescription for both eyes, She said I am short sighted.
My worry is, iv been thinking for months now that iv got an undiagnosed tumour somewhere around the kidney/spine area. Now I'm even more worried about that because I read that a tumour pressing on the spinedge can cause vision problems.
I have to wait till Saturday to get my glasses, but it's really stressing me out that I just can't see properly anymore. My eyes hurt so much trying to see things/drive etc. I'm upset that I need glasses, but now more worried that it could be tumour related! Should I go to the Dr incase it's an underlying condition that's caused the sudden short sightedness?

venusbluejeans
30-09-14, 23:46
Your eyes change as much as any part of your body and change suddenly too.

Sometimes you don't realise they are changing until they start to hurt etc

get your glasses and it should solve some of your problems

Serenity1990
30-09-14, 23:58
As far as I'm aware, the only type of tumour that can affect eyesight is one on the brain.

However, the types of issues that causes is nothing like what you describe. Also they would have been immediately very apparent to your optician and he/she would have sent you straight to hospital. That didn't happen, you're fine.

Incidentally haziness of vision is one of the classic anxiety symptoms. Is it perhaps likely that you were mildly short-sighted anyway without noticing it, the worrying anxiety symptoms made you go to the optician and they happened to pick up the short-sightedness? This is what happened to me. ;)