PDA

View Full Version : Health Anxiety

silver
02-10-14, 06:09
Hi I have not been here for a while, I actually have a lot wrong healthwise, over 25 years on mild chemo for meloprolificative syndrome (too many platelets); high blood pressure; low thyroid; breast cancer a few years ago; 3 types of arthritis, and a million smaller problems. I am not someone who constantly worries over all this but this year I was diagnosed with a breathing problem and given a couple of pumps. I am 73. Female and registered disabled. Ok enough to be going on with I guess. but I also have panic attacks.
I have a cold. Its been hanging around for 2 weeks and I am coughing crap like crazy, been to doctors who reluctantly gave me antibiotics, which I cant take as they swell my throat up. ( I tried). So resorting to asthma pump which I havent used yet, I am phobic about medications. Not surprising consider the amount of different stuff I have to take.
Woke up before 5am, took the pump, got a headache and now approaching a panic attack. Help!!!

puzzledlass
02-10-14, 06:20
You poor thing! You sound like a very strong woman. Panic attacks are awful...talk to us here

silver
02-10-14, 06:30
I will be Ok, been throught this a million times. sometimes need to get it off of my chest. I feel so stupid that a grown intelligent woman turns into a quivering jelly because I have a cold.

puzzledlass
02-10-14, 06:36
Don't feel stupid! Anxiety affects us all! It's a nasty beast.