PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone made a claim due to a Car Accident?

Carnation
02-10-14, 20:49
Hi, I was hit by Car nearly a year ago and was not in any state to proceed with a claim. Has anyone made a claim and does it cause a great amount of stress to do this. Because of my Anxiety, I don't want to put myself through extra pressure, but friends and family keep telling me I should. If it went to Court, I don't think I could handle it. :scared15:

uklad
05-10-14, 23:17
not sure how it all works.... I claimed shortly after a accident it being someone elses fault, ye need medical record if needed and the persons insurance details or just registration.... with my accident their was no denying who's fault it was so was stress free... spoke to solicitor, someone came out to view damage on car and attended a private doctors appointment set by the insurance company the claim was off.... took about 2 years before receiving anything but was worth it in the long run. Think you should speak to a solicitor to find out more before deciding not too and way up if its going to be too stressful. Was worried myself at first but had too to get the repairs done on car, once it was in motion so to speak was no stress.....good luck!

Carnation
07-10-14, 01:21
Thanks for your reply, I feel a little stronger to do this now. I am not the type of person to chase for money, but I have spent so much in Therapy and have been unable to work for such a long period of time. My thinking, is why should I have to suffer the cost as well as the emotional trauma.

uklad
10-10-14, 00:16
hope it goes stress free for you :)

swgrl09
10-10-14, 01:09
When I did a few years ago, I didn't have any trouble at all going through insurance. Not sure if it is different in the UK, but if it is anything similar it was easy enough. Just have documentation of your appointments, etc. The doctor can easily provide those.

Carnation
14-11-14, 20:04
In a terrible state tonight, decided to start claim on the Car Accident and I have been so worried about them making me liable and since the Accident, we have changed Insurance Company and Panicking like mad that I may be liable for thousands!!! Help!!!!

swgrl09
15-11-14, 01:27
How would they make you liable? In my experience, if you pursue a claim the worst that can happen is they just say no, not turn it around and make you pay. I think you will be ok :hugs:

Carnation
15-11-14, 01:45
Thanks swgrl09, but there is a clause that if I lose, I may have to pay cost of their Solicitor. Panicking, so thinking of pulling out!! :unsure:

swgrl09
15-11-14, 02:41
Oh, I didn't know that! I guess it's different over there than it is over here, or I just never knew that could happen :shrug:

Carnation
20-11-14, 20:21
Decided to go ahead with the claim after all. Hope my Anxiety can cope with it. :unsure: