PDA

View Full Version : Worried about coordinated semantic paraphasia?

star68
03-10-14, 11:12
I have been doing this for quite a while not on a regular basis randomly but now I have began to worry about it. When I have a lot in my mind or thinking about various things at the same time I would come out with the wrong word. I might want to say turkey and would say chicken or jacket instead of t-shirt. I have done some research and they call this condition "coordinated semantic paraphasia", it says that it could be a sign of a stroke or brain tumor.
Now I am truly worried, I suffer from general anxiety specially health anxiety, so I am very concerned.
I have booked an appointment with the Doctors but would like to know if someone has experienced this and knows about the condition. Thank you.

wnsos
03-10-14, 11:15
People I know have this happen all the time, I know it's happened to me too. Sometimes I'll freeze up and just not be able to think of a word at all which never happens when I'm typing or writing. Just out loud. I think it's cause we have a lot on our minds that it's in overflow. Nothing sinister. xx

venusbluejeans
03-10-14, 11:39
Sounds completely normal to me....I said the other day that I was going out to the cat when really I meant the car.

normally when you have lots on your mind, or you have just been thinking about the other thing (I had just fed my cat)

nothing to worry about