PDA

View Full Version : Antibiotic question:

misslove
03-10-14, 14:49
I've been taking an antibiotic for about 4 days and they have given me diarrhea. Should i be worried about it or is it a side effect that will go away? If so how can I stop it? Want to go camping this weekend and sooo not going if im going to spend the weekend in hiking trips to the bathroom!

MyNameIsTerry
04-10-14, 03:55
Which one is it misslove? Why are you taking them again? (sorry, can't remember your other thread).

swgrl09
04-10-14, 03:58
It depends on the antibiotic and all people are different. When I take azithromycin, I have really bad stomach problems the first day but am fine the last 4. When I took ceftin, I had diarrhea for most of the 10 days I was on it. Some antibiotics had no effect on me. How many days do you have left? It should go away at least once you are off them.

Probiotics can help. You get diarrhea because they wipe out some good bacteria in your intestines.

MyNameIsTerry
04-10-14, 06:02
Yeah, probiotics are very useful. Antibiotics kill the good bacteria that can be found in your guy, mouth and all the way to the anus. I've read reviews of probiotics supplements on Amazon and people often say they help after courses of strong antibiotics in reducing these types of side effects and to correct their system again after as Candida imbalance can occur otherwise.