PDA

View Full Version : mouth worries yet again :(

louise0501
03-10-14, 20:57
Hi there. One of my constant anxieties is my mouth, teeth and gums. I last went to the dentist in march coz one of my fillings fell out and i should go again but im terrified something serious will be wrong. Today i woke up with a minor sore throat, sore gums and things just feeling not quite right in my mouth and i have also had sensitive teeth for quite sometime. My fears have turned to oral cancer or throat cancer. Im so scared right now and really freaking out. Any ideas what might be wrong? Could it be cancer?

Please reply
Love louise

.Poppy.
03-10-14, 21:37
Sore throat could be anything from a cold to sleeping in a chilly room with your mouth open. Happens to me every morning in the fall when I sleep with the windows open because I sometimes breathe through my mouth when I sleep. It's not really a symptom of throat cancer.

As for sensitive teeth - this is a very common symptom, and not one of cancer. If you have fillings, they can make your teeth sensitive. Some people just have sensitive teeth naturally. They make a whole range of sensitive toothpaste just for this reason.

What you are suffering is anxiety, not cancer :) Go to the dentist, let him look at your teeth and gums and maybe tell you what toothpaste may help, or if your fillings need attention.

louise0501
04-10-14, 20:57
Hi Thanks for the reply. My sore throat has now gone. Something im freaking about now is when i put my top front teeth and bottom front teeth together they sort of chatter and feel weird is that normal? Will i have to have my front teeth out?

Please reply
Love louise

unsure_about_this
04-10-14, 21:21
Hi

I agree with Poppy.

If you need another filling the dentist may be able to change the material used. Sometimes also what you eat may cause sensitive teeth.

As for your teeth taken out, I think dentist these days will try and save teeth by all means possible