PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to the hospital today.

CleverLittleViper
04-10-14, 10:10
I'm so scared I've got MS.

I have a constant pressure headache, that feels like a band is being pulled around my head and scalp, neck ache, vibrations in my legs, numb hands and tingly feet, weak arm muscles, muscle cramps and twitches, a tight/numb face, difficulty swallowing.

My doctor is convinced this is just anxiety, but I'm not so sure. I can't sleep for worry. She said MS is not something I have to worry about, but she hasn't done a physical exam so how can she say for sure? I'm so scared right now.

I haven't slept properly in 3 weeks. I can't eat. I can't function without this thing constantly in my head.

I just want all of this done.

nomorepanic
04-10-14, 13:20
Have you got a hospital appointment with a consultant today then?

Serenity1990
04-10-14, 16:45
If you had MS, A&E is not somewhere that can help. You'd need a GP referral to a neurologist.

You don't have the symptoms of MS.

Rennie1989
04-10-14, 17:03
Why would a GP not know?

CleverLittleViper
04-10-14, 17:25
I've been to the hospital-out of hours patient service, anyway.

I'm "fine." It's anxiety, and he's given me a sedative to help me sleep at night. He thinks things like the headache and stuff will wear off once I get a good night of rest which makes sense.

I need to learn to trust my doctors, but I always have a niggle in the back of my head, what if they missed something? :blush:

I know deep down I'm fine. I just need to learn better coping mechanisms with anxiety.