PDA

View Full Version : Hi, my name is ANXMAX and I'm a hypochondriac

ANXMAX
05-10-14, 13:00
Hello! Thanks for setting up this site i am sure it has been and will be a lot of help for most of us, tired and worn out from the effects of anxiety, panic and not having anyone who understands what we are going through. New member from the Great White North, have been battling anxiety since being a teen, for about 5 years worrying about health issues. It started with me experiencing tingling, pain and numbness in limbs, sinus problems, nosebleeds, headaches, pain in left arm and doctors not being able to figure out what is wrong. I have lost my trust in them, guesswork in a labcoat. I was sure I had heart problems, endocarditis to be specific. Then because of the same issues I was sure I will get encephalitis, because I'd thought I had a bacterial infection (I still think there's something to it). After a year and a half of numerous visits to different doctors, at one random walk-in clinic the doc said that I have silent GERD, prescribed prevacid and the problems subsided, but by then I was a nervous wreck. I have never been able not to worry about the health of me and the ones I love since. The smallest thing sends my anxiety through the roof. I used to be very depressed even before this. I was on Venlafaxine and Lorazepam but stopped because I'd prefer to deal with it without it, the meds have changed my personality in a way I didn't like. Now I have IBS, and many real or imagined symptoms of other illnesses :)

venusbluejeans
05-10-14, 17:01
Hiya and welcome to NMP:welcome:

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: