PDA

View Full Version : 10 years of mental health issues, finally found my calling...

dlou84
05-10-14, 17:04
Hey guys and girls..

My name is Dan, I've struggled with depression insomnia and panic/anxiety attacks for many many years. I have had ZERO support from the NHS and I have had to pay for private sessions just to get some sort of normality.

I recently started a charity called helpfundmy.co.uk and I've really found my calling. The website is basically a place you can sign up to talk about your story and raise awareness or more importantly funds.

For example helpfundmy - private hypnotherapy sessions

We're getting LOTS of exposure online and I was contacted today by a grandmother who's daughter in law died of cancer leaving 4 children, they have struggled ever since and their house is in dire need of regeneration - we are now proud to say we are helping fund some DIY work for them and the messages received brought a tear to my eye.

Helping others have really helped me deal with my issues.

Hope this inspires some of my buddies to help others!

If you want to read more about us like our page on FB https://www.facebook.com/helpfundmy

swgrl09
06-10-14, 00:08
That's a really nice idea and website. It is inspirational. THank you for doing such a great thing :)

HalfJack
06-10-14, 01:29
Great, can't wait to see more.

Annie0904
06-10-14, 16:54
Brilliant, what a great thing you are doing and good that something so positive has come from your illness. x

Jabz
06-10-14, 17:32
great idea,

i had a very similar idea to help crowd fund people who can't afford mental care.

expecto patronum
11-10-14, 20:41
well done, great idea :)