PDA

View Full Version : lumps of 'fat' around stomach

Nathan92
05-10-14, 19:22
I looked at a thread from 2010 on here, I didn't want to bump it but I thought I'd make my own thread.

I've been to the doctor about lumps of fat (I say lumps) these vary from banana shaped to what feel like raisin shaped.. I said feel this, he had a feel around and said "oh don't worry its only fat"...

well you can't tell someone with anxiety not to worry. it just doesn't work.

Anyways.. in the shower and I get a sharp pain in my upper left abdomen.. I know its an IBS flare up.. I've had eggs.. (love them, but they kill me :( )
so i feel around, and I can feel the hard lumps under the skin.. and for some reason I feel around to the other side... (god knows why I did it) I find another lump... (theres a few big lumps) and then theres this 1 raisin sized lump, hurts a little but obviously it will.. I'm prodding it...

so does anyone else have these 'lumps' of 'fat' around their stomach?

My biggest anxiety issue is septicemia... I know I don't have it.. but thats mine.

I'm just not worrying about it being stomach cancer or something sinister like that... (having the IBS / bowel issues) have they misdiagnosed it... I know my CBC came back perfect but would stuff like that show on cbc... :\

karlwirral
05-10-14, 19:25
I have dozens of lipomas they are most common around fatty areas like stomach/thighs etc. They are small rubbery hardish lumps just under the skin.

I have several in my thighs, Arms, Stomach & Back. I had my biggest one removed in my gp surgery which was the size of a golf ball.

My doctor literally just took it out right there and then in a few minutes.

They are harmless. They are called lipomas and are as your doctor says small balls of formed fat cells.

Nathan92
05-10-14, 19:52
awesome :) thanks.

from what I've read about lipomas they're visible on the skin? / under the skin, where mine aren't.. and you can't see them, just feel them?

cheers :)

karlwirral
05-10-14, 19:55
awesome :) thanks.

from what I've read about lipomas they're visible on the skin? / under the skin, where mine aren't.. and you can't see them, just feel them?

cheers :)

Really depends how big they get wether you would see them or not. You cant see all of mine just the big ones or the ones really close under the skin. Some of them are deeper below the skin than others i have a really deep one in my back that is growing into muscle and they cant remove it as it close to my spine.

Nathan92
05-10-14, 19:57
ouch :\.

Again though awesome I appreciate it. It's easy to worry about silly little lumps because you get thinking well it could be this and it could be that, but its sometimes hard to rationalise it and think well.. its just fat haha!

goodluck with yours... hopefully they don't become too problematic :)!:winks:

swgrl09
05-10-14, 20:14
My husband has 4 or 5 ... some in his back, arms, legs. Honestly you can't see his really either unless you feel for them and stretch the skin back. It just depends on where they are/how deep. Harmless, though!

swanick15
05-10-14, 22:08
It maybe coils of intestine you can feel I can feel them through my flab