PDA

View Full Version : Heavy head and nose pressure? Nose is not blocked but could be sinuses

penguinbop
05-10-14, 20:08
Hi there,

for a few months ive had dizziness accompanied by a pressure in the bridge of my nose, occasional sharp stabbing in my head, and a feeling of pressure and tightness in my head. I thought it might be a sinus infection however i have no cold, no pain behind the eyes, no congestion. I use a nasal congestion spray anyway to try and stop the pressure but it doesn't help. Any idea what this is? I don't want to go to the doctor because ive just been but the pressure is driving me crazy and Its make my anxiety bad.

swgrl09
05-10-14, 20:10
I have these symptoms with allergic sinusitis ... aka sinus problems from my allergies. I don't have a runny nose though, usually can breathe through my nose ok enough.

penguinbop
05-10-14, 20:24
I take antihistamine but it doesn't do anything, what do you take for it?

swgrl09
05-10-14, 20:31
I used to take fexofenadine (allegra) ... an antihistamine ... but stopped working and this year didn't even touch it. Now I am on Xyzal, which is a prescription antihistamine over here and I use flonase nose spray. It helps, but doesn't get rid of all of it. I also use a neti-pot too if it gets really bad.