PDA

View Full Version : Breaking Record in My Head!!!

rpatter76
30-12-06, 15:46
Hello Everybody!!! I am new here, and my name is Rachel. I am 29 years old. I have recently been diagnosed with obsessive thinking, which I believe is a part of OCD....Pure "O", or something like that? Well, my question to you guys is if you've ever heard of this particular style from which I suffer. It's really strange, and my first encounter with it was when I was 15. I have ONE thought that I suffer with off and on. But when it's on..it's ON!! lol Like, I can think this one sac-religious phrase over and over and over anc over.....just like a broken record. While I'm watching a move, having a conversation, working, whatever! The thought NEVER changes, and no thoughts are ever really added. It is the weirdest thing. Up until I started reading about CBT and taking 15mg of Paxil, the anxiety would come with every time I thought it. Can you imagine? That would be like every other second. It is not unusual for 8 hours of my day to be consumed by this one broken record thought. So, I have a doc's appt this Tuesday, to start working with CBT. I am really excited, because I AM READY TO ELIMINATE THIS THOUGHT AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. I know it may not COMPLETELY go away, but there HAS to be some light at the end of the tunnel.

So, has anybody ever heard of this kind of OCD before?

rpatter76
31-12-06, 21:47
Is there anybody who can relate to this, and comment on it? I just need some assurance, I guess.

:)

nomorepanic
31-12-06, 21:49
Hi there

Sorry but I don't suffer with OCD but wanted to welcome you aboard and wish you good luck with the CBT.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

soops
02-01-07, 15:56
Hi - I can sort of understand what you are saying. I don't have just the one thought but I did have a bizarre time when all I kept thinking was one person's name all the time. It didn't cause me panic but I did get sick of thinking it. I think that this statement/thought is your trigger. Your OCD knows this and it is fooling you into thinking it, the more you try not to the more the OCD will suggest it. Good luck with the CBT I would be interested to know how you get on. The only thing I would say is that it will take time, there are no quick fixes. Your brain is used to thinking in a certain way and you are about to teach it a different way. Good Luck and let us know how you get on.

rpatter76
03-01-07, 00:07
Thank you soops!!! I sure will keep you guys posted. :) I DID increase my Paxil from 10 to 20mg, and that's DEFINITELY helping with the anxiety from the thoughts. Now, they should start to get less "fuel" to hang in there. I am also starting CBT soon. Like I said, I will keep you posted, and thank you so much for your response. :)