PDA

View Full Version : Tummy bugs

karentia
06-10-14, 06:29
Hi , ok so it's autumn the time of year the dreaded tummy bugs start getting worse :weep: this is my worst health fear ! I have 2 young children , my eldest just started school sept , iam petrified she's gonna bring home a d&v bug !!! I've had it twice in the last 2 years . I try my hardest to keep the loo clean an make the kids wash there hands . Just got up an another local person has posted on fb the family have it :( I'm so scared i wanna keep her off school ... I won't but iam so scared my anxiety is through the roof :blush: all summer I've been paranoid but now the autumn here I'm struggling to cope with the fear escalating. Even if I go to loo I'm now scared its the start of the bug ..... Plz wise words need desperately I cannot think straight this morning :scared10:

Avasmummy_x
06-10-14, 08:47
My daughter brought it home from nursery last week. Was the worst 24hrs of my life but my poor daughter had it nearly a week :( there's not a lot you can do tbh especially if you've got kids :( just think if you get it its only 24hours

blueangel
06-10-14, 09:54
I work in the NHS and we are always up to our eyeballs in people affected by bugs like Norovirus. The main thing to remember is that although it's unpleasant, they are self-limiting (i.e. they only last a short time and go away on their own). They are only a problem to people who are seriously ill in the first place. Handwashing is the single best way of controlling the spread of it, and also make sure you wipe down hard surfaces such as door handles regularly as that helps to limit the spread of the bugs on to hands.

Hope this helps!

Leslie735
06-10-14, 13:30
My oldest son started with it on Saturday night just as we were sitting down for dinner. Thankfully we were at home and not out like we usually are on Saturday night! He got sick a few times and then he was completely back to normal. I've been bracing myself ever since waiting for the next one. So far so good and it's been almost 36 hours. We all had norovirus last September. Started with my oldest son (7), 5 days (YES 5 days not the usual 2) later my youngest son (5) came down with it. Then 2 days later my husband and I at the same time. It wasn't fun by any means, but it wasn't that bad to be honest and I have emet. I was surprised on how well I handled it honestly. I felt refreshed to be honest. But now that it's here again possibly I'm not as calm. :(

karentia
07-10-14, 06:53
I'm a single mum now since August so I'm so scared how I would cope with 2 small children , I'm really terrible with sick :( why can't I just b normal :( I've woken up this morning to the worst panic attack in a while