PDA

View Full Version : dentist anxiety help advice

gregcool
06-10-14, 11:28
guys one of my phobias is come true.iv been to the dentist today for a check up and have been told i need three fillings.my phobia is the anestetic you have to have.i hate that feeling when you start going numb.i hate this feeling of no control over it.the needle goes in and then your face starts going numb.and it lasts for hrs after.i need to have it done but feer this numb feeling i dont want to cancel it but am so stressed about it.i realy hate it.any advice

nomorepanic
06-10-14, 11:33
Will they let you have the fillings without it?

Also if you have to have it make sure you ask for the one without adrenalin in it

gregcool
06-10-14, 11:41
hi nicola..i think i need to have the anesteric because she said she has to drill deep..whats the difference with or without adrenalin.why is there a choice

nomorepanic
06-10-14, 12:02
I usually have fillings with no injection cos it freaks me out but when they insist I have to have one I ask for the one without adrenalin as us anxiety sufferers really don't need more adrenalin in our bodies.

gregcool
06-10-14, 12:11
oh ok .never even knew there was a choice of injection.do you know why there is a choice are they both as efective.

nomorepanic
06-10-14, 12:31
No I don't know what the difference is - let me google lol

nomorepanic
06-10-14, 12:36
Some people are sensitive to the adrenalin and it gives them palpitations etc so you can get an injection without it.

Others are allergic to it so that is why there is a choice

gregcool
06-10-14, 12:52
ok nicola thanks for your help.ill make sure i get the right one

nomorepanic
06-10-14, 13:20
You're welcome Greg