PDA

View Full Version : Lung issues

Dedre88
06-10-14, 11:43
Hi all,

I've made a doctors appointment this Friday as having some issues with chest / lungs. In meantime, want to see if anyone here has had something similar.

I have had various health anxiety issue over years; HIV, MS, various forms of cancer etc.

The current one has gone on for about 3 months. It started with a feeling of slightly tight chest, with feeling of getting out of breath more than normal. I went to see doctor he did blood oxygen tests, listened to chest and said all fine.

Since then symptoms have come and gone, occasionally I have had blood drawn up in my phlegm although this also seemed to coincide with blood in my nose and I've not coughed up any phlegm / blood. More recently I've had various aches and pains in my chest and back, not in any one area but spread about. I've also had episodes of minor wheezing (perhaps 5 times over the 3 months) normally at night, by next day it's gone. I also seem to get heartburn more than I used to.

The fact they seem to come and go has made me put off going to doctors again, but every now and then they flare up and in turn my anxiety gets worse. I'm worried about lung cancer more than anything. I'm 26 and a non-smoker and whilst odds are against it, I'm still very concerned!

Any one else experienced similar?

EMT josh
30-10-14, 05:21
Oh absolutely, I had bronchitis a few weeks ago and for two mornings I would wake up and cough up blood. Safe to say I was freaking out. Went to my pcp and she said that is likely from coughing really hard and that if it was lung cancer I'd be coughing up blood all day and by that point I'd be a whole lot worse. Still worry but it really did help. We all worry but you see ya gotta try and think rationally. You don't have lung cancer!

sarahxxx
10-11-14, 22:05
i been coughing up blood in the morning to have not gone to the doctor to scared its been 5 days but only in the morning had a horrid cough for 3 weeks so dont know if this caused it trying a humidifier tonight to see how it goes will let you know if it helps sarah