PDA

View Full Version : lowering mt dose right oe wrong

trish1955
06-10-14, 12:57
I was so struggling with the 50gram was on week six and was still feeling sick and the awful knot feeling scared in my stomach was so bad I just could not handle it so six days now of 25mg and feeling scared the lot I don't no which way to go my doctor is rubbish still awaiting an appointment from mental heath team xx/

KK77
06-10-14, 13:16
Sorry to hear this Trish. You've had such a crap experience on this med. It should have made even a slight difference, a slight improvement in 6 weeks. Not sure if you've tried mirtazapine before? Think you need a different med than SSRIs.

Hope you get appointment with MHT soon. Think it's appalling leaving you like this...

MrAndy
06-10-14, 13:56
Trish you would do well on olanzapine it will calm you right down and help you sleep,I get no side effects from it either

trish1955
06-10-14, 16:04
Do I take that wrh anything else Mr Andy xxhow you doing not heard from you xx

MrAndy
06-10-14, 16:17
Do I take that wrh anything else Mr Andy xxhow you doing not heard from you xx
I take it at night and dont take anything else,ive been going through a rough patch but hopefully coming out the other side.
I wish I could help you Trish,try and hang in there xxx

KK77
06-10-14, 17:53
Trish you would do well on olanzapine it will calm you right down and help you sleep,I get no side effects from it either

How will olanzapine help Trish's depression? It's an antipsychotic.

MrAndy
06-10-14, 19:29
How will olanzapine help Trish's depression? It's an antipsychotic.
It's about the most calming med you can take and brilliant for anxiety in low doses

KK77
06-10-14, 19:39
That wasn't my question. I asked how it would help Trish's depression.

MrAndy
06-10-14, 19:49
That wasn't my question. I asked how it would help Trish's depression.

I wasn't talking about depression although it does work on that as well

KK77
06-10-14, 19:56
No, it's combined with fluoxetine for depression (Symbyax). There is no clinical evidence it works as monotherapy for depression and is not licensed for such use.

Cat80
06-10-14, 20:10
The first time I tried sertraline I didn't feel any improvements till week 9! I am now 6 weeks into it again and still getting all the side effects. Spoke to my Dr today who said to stick with it as some people take longer to feel the positives and that when it starts to work it will be worth it. Which is true as I was about to give up last time then woke up 9 weeks in a suddenly felt calmer, relaxed, happier. Had a good 18 months after that

Only med that worked for me after mirtazapine, prozac, seroxat, citalopram, venlafaxine etc

If it's just for anxiety stay away from prozac/fluoextine. My Dr went mad I was prescribed it my a training gp as it's not a good one for anxiety

MrAndy
06-10-14, 20:22
Sert helped my depression but didn't a lot for my anxiety in some ways I felt it made it worse

trish1955
07-10-14, 11:45
Hang on on if it helps calm my anxiety there be no depression its only being anxioyse that's making me depressed so it would help me to be fair I keep thinking I survived forty six years with out meds this a been a year from hell trying to take meds to be honest since 2011 to Feb this year so much happend in my family tthat made my anxiety so bad to be honest a lot of the family issues have now been sorted. So maybe I could take some rest and change. A fe life things with out the meds and try some therapy to help me I don't honestly think meds at for me xxx

---------- Post added at 11:45 ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 ----------

Your right Mr Andy the serts have made my anxiety even mor unbearable to be honest xxsorry you having a bit ruff patch I pm you

KK77
07-10-14, 12:24
Cat80 and I also posted on your thread asking for advice Trish, but you seem to focus only on MrAndy.

No worries. Hope you get better soon.

trish1955
07-10-14, 12:56
The first time I tried sertraline I didn't feel any improvements till week 9! I am now 6 weeks into it again and still getting all the side effects. Spoke to my Dr today who said to stick with it as some people take longer to feel the positives and that when it starts to work it will be worth it. Which is true as I was about to give up last time then woke up 9 weeks in a suddenly felt calmer, relaxed, happier. Had a good 18 months after that

Only med that worked for me after mirtazapine, prozac, seroxat, citalopram, venlafaxine etc

If it's just for anxiety stay away from prozac/fluoextine. My Dr went mad I was prescribed it my a training gp as it's not a good one for anxiety
Hi you normly inbox me to be honest I kinda just skipped through this thread yesterday didn't read all of them. Any way you have been on them before and no how it works. It us just none of my side effects were calming down. So I ad to cut my dose down to man it bearable I not sure. Meds are fr me xxxx

---------- Post added at 12:56 ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 ----------

Cat80 and I also posted on your thread asking for advice Trish, but you seem to focus only on MrAndy.

No worries. Hope you get better soon.

As I just stated.I kinda just quick skip through thread and saw you wounded a bit snappy at Mr Andy I thought I was struggkin bad and he helped me so much. And I will say I don't tnil meds is the way for me to go xxxx

Cat80
07-10-14, 19:28
The anxiety on any antidepressant gets worse before it gets better at any dose. It's a start up side effect where symptoms worsen but then when the tablet kicks in it then gets better.

As I say I felt awful for a good 9 weeks then suddenly it's like someone flicked a switch and I felt calmer, anxiety felt like it had the volume turned down, was in the background and I could live again. It was hard not to give up in those early days but I am so glad I stuck at it. 50mg is the lowest prescribed workable dose.

I am struggling now as about 5/6 weeks in but I know it will be worth in the long run. Keep in there, don't give up after coming this far

trish1955
09-10-14, 12:28
I am gkad you can hang in there as you done it befr suppose that makes you braver I don't no I just could NIR stick it wish I could as one feeling the set was getting rid of was the feeling of dead in my stomach in a morning which is n coming back so its a case which is the less of two evils xxx

Cat80
09-10-14, 15:52
Don't think it makes me braver just I guess I know what to expect after trying to many antids and seeing no quick fix. Feel awful for a couple of months then slowly start to improve. They don't cure anxiety, depression but they make you stronger to try to live your life I guess. Sort of stop you being so scared of everything is way I look at it, give you that support you need sometimes when nothing else works