PDA

View Full Version : Hypochondria and anxiety

niknik1986
06-10-14, 15:35
I found this website and it has been fantastic for me, but my hypochondria and anxiety are about to drive my husband and mom crazy! If i dont txt them everyday with a new health problem something is wrong. My worries have ranged from hair loss, pale fingernails, diabetis, and retinal detachment. Its got so bad my husband has tried to block medical sites so i can read the stuff. The thing is i dont have baf symptoms to these.problems

Diabetis is always a worry, have 3 family members with it and last blood check was 3 years ago which ruled nothing buy cholestrol was a little high.

Im starting to drive myself crazy i cant even sit at work, home, play video games, ot watch tv without googlinh symptoms. I know if somethinh WAS wrong id know right? Any advice would be great

Also to give an example of WHY i think i have these problems...diabetis i drink water all day which in turn makes you pee more, my skin gets dry well i take super hot baths i can always make myself calm down when i think about it--but its a constant worry

the hair loss-on my temple one side of my hair looks farther back then the other so i though ive started losing hair

the retinal detachment-just went to an eye DR 8 months ago but still feel like i cant see as well-im VERY nearsighted -7.50 right eye -8 left eye

so at this point im not sure what i can do to stop these worries/fears so i can enjoy my life lol thanks for listening to my vent and more worries :)

skippy66
06-10-14, 15:40
Imagine yourself on your deathbed when you're 90. Look back at your life. Are you going to be happy that you spent so much of it Googling symptoms or obsessing about your health? Believe me, that will be one of your MAJOR regrets if you continue down this path.

This mindset change is what you need to beat health anxiety.

niknik1986
06-10-14, 15:52
Imagine yourself on your deathbed when you're 90. Look back at your life. Are you going to be happy that you spent so much of it Googling symptoms or obsessing about your health? Believe me, that will be one of your MAJOR regrets if you continue down this path.

This mindset change is what you need to beat health anxiety.

I never thought of it that way, my husband and mom keep telling me im going to worry myself sick until something ACTUALLY does happen to me. What you said is very legit thanks :)