PDA

View Full Version : Lung cancer question.

sam1878
06-10-14, 18:26
If you had left breast pain could thus be mistaken for pains in the lung?
I am female so not sure about this
Also if you has lung cancer or breast cancer that spread would it be possible to run a half marathon?

---------- Post added at 17:26 ---------- Previous post was at 17:23 ----------

I have asthma so had a little cough coming and going for a few weeks but since last week it's gone worse and my gp gave me steroids and antibiotics I feel like I've been fighting something off for weeks I'm scared and feel like ending it all as I don't want to go through cancer treatment and die in pain

.Poppy.
06-10-14, 19:44
How often do you run? If you have asthma and run a half marathon (especially if you don't often run that distance) it's possible what you're feeling is an asthma flare up due to that.

It's also possible that something in the air is causing you to have allergies which in turn is bothering your asthma.

If your doctor isn't concerned, I doubt it's cancer. Lung cancer is pretty uncommon unless you're a heavy smoker or have spent years and years around super dusty environments (I'm talking construction sites or harvesting crops).

sam1878
06-10-14, 20:03
Hi poppy I run twice a week normally between 5k and 10k but I had been training for the half and did one before and was ok
I have wondered about the allergy stuff myself but everything has just escalated today and was building up last few weeks - thank you for listening x