PDA

View Full Version : Which is better for settling the gut......??

Petesy
06-10-14, 19:04
Hi Everyone

Mostly every morning I suffer from really bad stomach discomfort (no pain) just knotting, cramping, bloated, spasms, gas, Sometimes it's during the day and at night.. Sometimes relieved by defecation (sorry) oh and also It seems that I haven't fully emptied my bladder at times..

So my question is which is better for settling down the stomach...

Peppermint tea or chamomile tea??

Any other ideas would be great aswell

Awaiting urine results and have an ultrasound sound scan on Friday to see if I have gallstones :scared15:
Think i'll chance my luck and ask for them to check my full abdomen.

Your input will be much appreciated

Thanks

Petesy :yesyes:

MrAndy
06-10-14, 19:25
Pepto bismol is brilliant stuff

Annie0904
06-10-14, 19:28
I personally prefer chamomile tea because I think it relaxes the digestive system more. I always have a bottle of baby gripe water by my bed and a swig of that usually helps to relieve the bloating and gas.

mummyanxious
06-10-14, 19:35
Does that really work Annie? X

Petesy
06-10-14, 20:04
Thanks Andy

I was actually thinking about that the other night their.

---------- Post added at 20:02 ---------- Previous post was at 20:00 ----------

Hi Annie

So chamomile tea i'm of too make a cuppa right now and I'll need to get gripe water where would I get this from... Supermarket??

---------- Post added at 20:04 ---------- Previous post was at 20:02 ----------

Kettle is on :hugs:

X

Annie0904
06-10-14, 20:05
Does that really work Annie? X

The gripe water? It works for me :) I used to look after orphaned lambs for the local farmer when my children were young. They often get bloated stomachs which is really bad for them. The farmer puts a needle through to puncture the stomach to let the gas out. I didn't want him doing that to my baby lamb so I gave it some gripe water. The farmer was amazed that it worked :D

Petesy
06-10-14, 20:16
Great stuff, Annie to the rescue and the lamb didn't have to put up with pricks anymore, I definitely need to get baby gripe water :yahoo:

Thanks Annie x

---------- Post added at 20:16 ---------- Previous post was at 20:12 ----------

Chamomile tea in hand :D

I have the dentist tomorrow for 3 extractions I might need a pot of chamomile, my brother is coming with me apprehension is setting in, one thing at a time though.

Annie0904
06-10-14, 20:32
Yes you can get it from a supermarket or chemist.
Oh I hope it goes well for you at the dentist...I would need sedating for that :D

Petesy
06-10-14, 20:38
That's great thanks Annie, yeah i'm the same but I'll have to make do with diazepam before hand becauseif not that chair turns into a massage chair soon as I sit on it by shaking lol, then next week another 3 out :scared15:

Annie0904
06-10-14, 20:39
Yes diazepam will work well :)

Petesy
06-10-14, 20:49
2:20pm tomorrow so I think i'll take them at 1:50pm...
Give it time to kick in.

---------- Post added at 20:49 ---------- Previous post was at 20:43 ----------

Good night folks off to listen to some relaxation music �� and probably have another cup of chamomile tea..

Thanks again

Petesy :hugs:

Annie0904
06-10-14, 20:57
Good luck for tomorrow and here's some hugs to take with you :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

mummyanxious
06-10-14, 21:16
Pood lambs :/
Will try anything! Even a pin! Only joking!

Nathan92
06-10-14, 21:20
this sounds an awful lot like ibs... the stomach problems and relief after evacuation...

try buscopan from asda or a chemist worth a try imo as it helps with my cramps / spasms

Mindknot
07-10-14, 11:34
I drink peppermint tea like it's going out of fashion, but it's supposed to "aid" digestion, so perhaps not the best for a churning belly. Chamomile for a calming effect, or ginger if you're feeling a bit nauseous.

Annie0904
07-10-14, 20:29
How are you feeling after tour trip to the dentist Petesy?

firecracker777
07-10-14, 21:42
I've heard ginger is good for the stomach. They make a ginger tea as well.

Petesy
08-10-14, 11:40
Hi Annie

I feel horrible tbh the pain and taste yuck!! 3 teeth out and a filling, 2 back ones and the one beside my k9, i'm on antibiotics (amoxacilin) for a week then I have to go through it all again on the left side a total mirror image, so the plus side is the dentist is going to give me valium nxt time before hand because I was flapping like a fish out of water by the time he got to the third tooth :blush:... And I'd taken 6mg of diazepam and it didn't kick in till I left the dentist lol, at least I was calm on the way home ��

---------- Post added at 11:34 ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 ----------

Thanks Nathan

I have buscopan in my medicine cupboard but haven't taken any because it says "do not take unless gp has diagnosed you with ibs" but I might give it a go because what you're saying sounds about right I just read up on it their.

Thanks again N

Petesy.

---------- Post added at 11:38 ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 ----------

Thanks mindknot

Think i'll change my name to stomachknot! Lol

I appreciate your feedback I have both peppermint and chamomile tea, I need to buy some ginger tea, until then I'll need to stick to the chamomile atm I'll get ginger tomorrow.

Thanks

Petesy.

---------- Post added at 11:40 ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 ----------

Thanks firecracker

Ginger it is then I'm hearing a lot about this so it must work well I hope it does..

Thanks again

Petesy.

Annie0904
08-10-14, 14:15
I hope you are feeling a bit better, Dentists are never a good experience :(

Petesy
08-10-14, 21:12
Yeah you got that right Annie

i feel like a bag of nerves for some reason really agitated to the point were i've had to take a taxi up to my parents house and they're away to a cottage with my relatives from down south, just my brother that's in and he doesn't do to well with me when I'm feeling this way (I don't tell him that) i just notice it... Feeling of utter dread came over me and i'm also having that feeling were i feel as if I ain't in my body that I'm watching myself:scared15:

And I need to go back on Tuesday :ohmy:

Annie0904
08-10-14, 21:20
Aww Petesy it is normal to feel more anxious after having some sort of trauma like having teeth out. Try to get plenty of rest and make sure you rinse your mouth with warm salt water a few times a day. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Petesy
09-10-14, 22:25
Hi Annie

I feel a bit better today and I've noticed my mouth is healing well, i've been taking my antibiotics and rinsing my mouth out with salt water, and I also bought twinings ginger tea today and it's good, has a bit of zing to it lol but works well, i forgot I need to top up on the chamomile I'll get that tomorrow though...

Hope you're enjoying Croatia..

Best wishes x

Petesy x