PDA

View Full Version : cough and flem

tricia56
06-10-14, 20:24
hive had a cough and really bad flem now for a week and been on a antibiotics since last Thursday and finished the course today but ive still got it ,I don't want to go back to see my gp as scared incase he gives me more antibiotics as ive been petried taking the ones ive just had, as im scared of taking any kind of medication but I took them which was a big achievement for me, I don't know if I should see how things go for a couple days as im not sure if you have to wait till you have finished the course of antibiotics before you start to get better any advise would be helpful thk you

.Poppy.
07-10-14, 04:45
Not to be gross, but are you actually coughing up the phlegm, and what color is it?

If it's green/yellowish, you need to see your doctor again. If it's relatively white/clear, you most likely don't have the infection anymore and are just clearing out your lungs.

I am also getting over being sick (I was sick a little over a week ago) and am still coughing and bringing up a bit of phlegm. I usually cough for a few weeks after I get "over" being sick. It's not a bad sign, just a sign your body is clearing out and getting rid of the infection.