PDA

View Full Version : Hard lump behind ear & other issues!

pluperfect
07-10-14, 03:54
I'm only 18. I have had a hard, immovable, painless lump about the size of a pea behind my ear for around 2-3 years. I don't think it has grown. I only brought it up to my doctor for the first time this June. She had a hard time finding it and did not seem concerned but I am... I had a CBC in June and it was all normal.

I also have other symptoms bothering me: fingertips feel numb (I have carpal tunnel in my right hand, that would explain a thumb numb but ALL of them feel numb... I don't know how to explain it it just feels like a loss of sensation), I have the same feeling down the bridge of my nose, my toes (kind of), my shoulders, and other parts of my body. I've had a sore throat for over a month and have had a stuffy nose for ages (as in, when I sniffle, it sounds like there's mucus?), and I have a bad sense of smell. Of course, I'm now scared I have sinus cancer + throat cancer and the lump on my neck is not helping...

I also have this mole on my thigh I'm worried about, it's two different shades of brown and I don't know if its always been like that because I never really looked at it closely before... A mole on my ear changed too I'm pretty sure it was daaark and big and now it's light brown... I have a derm appointment in a little more than two weeks.

My back pretty much hurts and it cracks every time I straighten it and I have a tremor in my hands and they shake when I hold things. I have had pain around my sternum for a while too and my sternum recently started cracking like the rest of my joints.

Despite all of these symptoms bothering me, I have not had a panic attack in months and have managed to keep my anxiety level low. I do see a therapist about my anxiety.

CleverLittleViper
07-10-14, 08:07
I have a hard lump behind my ear too. Had it for years and I've not yet croaked.

As for the CTS, sometimes, it can make your whole feel numb. I have it, too, and I'm desperate to get treatment for it because it's driving me bonkers.

Moles getting lighter are not a cause for concern. Not every mole will be "regular" either. Unfortunately, they don't tell you that on the websites when you're trying to search for what is "normal" and what is not. If you're concerned, have your doctor have a look at them. Most likely they are perfectly fine, but it can't hurt to put your mind at rest.

Firstprime
26-01-17, 01:50
Hey, did you ever get your issues checked out? I just stumbled across this. How are you doing now?